SeaMonkey 2.29 Beta 2 is up

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
therube

SeaMonkey 2.29 Beta 2 is up

Post by therube »

SeaMonkey 2.29 Beta 1 is up

Download page, SeaMonkey 2.29 Beta 1
Release notes

And... "and in the next 24 hours we'll spin beta 2 and have 2.29 release out sometime shortly thereafter (next week)"

(2.29 Beta 1 is the same as the earlier Candidates release, at least for en-US, Windows.)
Last edited by therube on September 2nd, 2014, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ElTxolo

Re: SeaMonkey 2.29 Beta 1 is up

Post by ElTxolo »

therube wrote:SeaMonkey 2.29 Beta 1 is up

Download page, SeaMonkey 2.29 Beta 1
Release notes

And... "and in the next 24 hours we'll spin beta 2 and have 2.29 release out sometime shortly thereafter (next week)"

(2.29 Beta 1 is the same as the earlier Candidates release, at least for en-US, Windows.)

Cheers! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I try to add a search engine from AMO and get a dialog stating: Sorry, you need a Mozilla based browser like Firefox to install a search plugin.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... h/?atype=4
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Greasemonkey scripts also didn't seem to be working. :(
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
therube

Post by therube »

Are you using Greasemonkey or Scriptish?
(I thought I recall something [here] about Greasemonkey no longer working in SeaMonkey, or something or the other?)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Greasemonkey from here:
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html

Most of my scripts were working before. Only one didn't. In 2.29 Beta 1, none of them do.

Will Scriptish pick up my GM scripts? I'll give it a shot.

Edit: Scriptish is working better. That one script that didn't work before is still not working, so either it's broken, I have a setting wrong, or it just plain won't work in SM.
therube

Re: SeaMonkey 2.29 Beta 2 is up

Post by therube »

Beta 2 is now out.
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.29b2

Note that there is a change in passwords (from signons.sqlite to logins.json), so depending on your usage, your could run into, Firefox 32.0 - Saved Passwords Aren't Showing.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

therube wrote:Beta 2 is now out.
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.29b2

Note that there is a change in passwords (from signons.sqlite to logins.json), so depending on your usage, your could run into, Firefox 32.0 - Saved Passwords Aren't Showing.

That must have been in Beta 1, too, because I tried copying the important bits to a new profile and key3.db and signons.sqlite wasn't doing me any good. :P

FWIW, auto-update worked here.
Zerebralus

Post by Zerebralus »

Hey there :-)

I still have some problems with 2.29 beta 2.

The Bookmarks can't be loaded (even not by manual way), causes a Backup can't be loaded.

Second... Ghostery 5.2.1 doesn't run in SM 2.29 Beta 2, as in Beta 1 before.

Still written in Bugzilla but i'm not that firm with this one.
therube

Post by therube »

Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

smsmith wrote:I try to add a search engine from AMO and get a dialog stating: Sorry, you need a Mozilla based browser like Firefox to install a search plugin.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... h/?atype=4

Same here. Spoofing UA to SM 2.26 doesn't help. When trying to install a search engine from http://mycroftproject.com/ebay-search-plugins.html SM says "Your browser does not support OpenSearch search plugins.".

However, I can install search engines manually by downloading the xml file from AMO and placing it in "searchplugins" folder in the profile folder and they seem to work fine. Is there a bug for this?
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I was hoping it was just to do with them forgetting some compatibility switch when they bumped version info, but it seems more devious with your finding at mycroft. I don't think I'll have time today to file a bug until after 9 PM Central US time. Feel free to file it or leave a list of people I should be cc'ing if you don't get around to filing. Thanks!
Zerebralus

Post by Zerebralus »

if the SM 2.29 isn't really fixed, I'll stay using SM 2.26.1 till a better Version (maybe 2.30 soon) or so.
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

smsmith wrote:Feel free to file it or leave a list of people I should be cc'ing if you don't get around to filing.

Here it is: Bug 1063083 - Cannot install search engines (regression)
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Lemon Juice wrote:
smsmith wrote:Feel free to file it or leave a list of people I should be cc'ing if you don't get around to filing.

Here it is: Bug 1063083 - Cannot install search engines (regression)

Thanks. I've added me to the cc list. Hopefully someone sees it and it's an easy fix. :D