Seamonkey 2.31 beta 1 & Flashblock (Problems)

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Zerebralus

Seamonkey 2.31 beta 1 & Flashblock (Problems)

Post by Zerebralus »

after starting sm 2.31 beta 1 and forthwaiting to watch a song on youtube, nothing happens. Only black screen. No button to activate the flash.

on htm5l there's only sound in a video, but still no video to see :-(

anyone out there with the same problems?

PS: after disabling the flashblock Add-on (and Restart) everything's ok.
Zerebralus

Re: Seamonkey 2.31 beta 1 & Flashblock (Problems)

Post by Zerebralus »

seems that I'm the only user around with this problem
therube

Post by therube »

Bug 1052480 - Add-ons Flashblock and FlashStopper conflict with Bug 1050049

I'll assume that SeaMonkey is likewise being affected.
There is a (third-party) "fixed" version mentioned here, Fx 34 / Trouble with Flashblock starting 19 Aug. Don't know if that will work with SeaMonkey, or will work after a tweak with SeaMonkey or ...?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

therube wrote:Bug 1052480 - Add-ons Flashblock and FlashStopper conflict with Bug 1050049

I'll assume that SeaMonkey is likewise being affected.
There is a (third-party) "fixed" version mentioned here, Fx 34 / Trouble with Flashblock starting 19 Aug. Don't know if that will work with SeaMonkey, or will work after a tweak with SeaMonkey or ...?

It looks like this is the same problem. Streetwolf's modified Flashblock works in SeaMonkey 31 beta after conversion.
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey
Zerebralus

Post by Zerebralus »

I guess it will be like this, cause same base, maybe same problems.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Have a look at http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ where you'll find two different versions (1.5.x for Firefox and 1.3.x for SeaMonkey). Once Phil posts an updated version (as promised in the bug report) I'd expect it to show up there first (and 1.3.21+ would be the one for SM 2.31).

This should be the respective bug report on mozdev (no action yet):
Zerebralus

Post by Zerebralus »

atm I de-activated flashblock in the add-ons. will wait for a updated version to see if it works later.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The Firefox version works in SeaMonkey if you run it through the converter first.
Zerebralus

Post by Zerebralus »

I just used the converter with all options, but the youtube window keeps black at all.
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

Zerebralus wrote:I just used the converter with all options, but the youtube window keeps black at all.

You need to use the modified version, the original Fx version will not work.
Last edited by Lemon Juice on November 5th, 2014, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zerebralus

Post by Zerebralus »

funny :-) i just tried to convert the FX Version but... the modified version (from the link) is incompatible with sm 2.31.
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

Zerebralus wrote:funny :-) i just tried to convert the FX Version but... the modified version (from the link) is incompatible with sm 2.31.

It is incompatible because it is only for Fx. You need to download the modified version and run it through the converter :)
Zerebralus

Post by Zerebralus »

:D ahhhhhhh :-)

and now i did it this way :-) now it works.. the (F) in the youtube window is still alive :-) hopefully in html5 too.. have to give it a try :-)

thx for the GOOD explanation :D
Zerebralus

Post by Zerebralus »

I just got back to 2.30 cause atm beta 2 of 2.31 isn't really in sight ( I guess), therefore, the normal flashblock version is still at work without probs. but I hope there'll be an update for both browser soon or in time (if sm 2.31 will ever be released)
vtmozilla

Post by vtmozilla »

Two different computers here :
both running Puppy Linux (Racy5.5)
both autoupdated from Seamonkey 2.30 to release 2.31
Flashblock 1.3.20

Youtube videos now unavailable - black box at youtube website. Embedded videos in forum posts are not visible at all.
Many Photobucket functions no longer work, including passing clipboard links, and formerly blocked material is no longer blocked.

These symptoms were not present prior to the automatic upgrade from Seamonkey 2.30 to Seamonkey 2.31.

Also, when the upgrade first restarted the browser on one of the computers, Seamonkey repeatedly crashed as soon as the password was typed. An error message said that a crash report could not be sent. Browser was re-started 5 times with the same result. Computer was re-booted, but the browser continued to crash. For some reason, on the 8th attempt to start, the browser opened, and has worked since.

On the other computer, the browser opens but always asks if the user wants to make it and the email function the default for the computer. Checking the box to stop asking this question on start-up doesn't work. Clicking the close button doesn't work. X-ing out of it seems to work, but the election to stop receiving the default browser pop-up question doesn't work.

There seem to be some serious issues with the Seamonkey 2.31 release.