Reader mode

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Diamanti

Reader mode

Post by Diamanti »

Seamonkey 2.38a1 have "reader mode" routine.
Do it is possible to istance it via a command in a button also programmatically?
4td8s

Re: Reader mode

Post by 4td8s »

wth do you mean by "reader mode"?
please explain better so we understand
Diamanti

Post by Diamanti »

Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Diamanti wrote:Seamonkey 2.38a1 have "reader mode" routine.
Do it is possible to istance it via a command in a button also programmatically?

Reader 38.0 for SeaMonkey
Redability Bookmarklets

Phil
Diamanti

Post by Diamanti »

I know it but I'm interested in the direct use of the API.
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

Diamanti wrote:I know it but I'm interested in the direct use of the API.

and how exactly can you accomplish that, Diamanti?
johnduncan

Post by johnduncan »

I think the OP is referring to the new built in `reader mode' that was introduced directly into firefox at some point this past year. Yes, it is true that it was built into the main project (and the config settings are present in our about:config), but I don't think there is any way to utilize it, and I don't think the functionality is even present in our distributions of the SeaMonkey project. Correct me if I'm wrong though - I think it would be neat to leverage this feature in SeaMonkey personally.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

johnduncan wrote:I think the OP is referring to the new built in `reader mode' that was introduced directly into firefox at some point this past year. Yes, it is true that it was built into the main project (and the config settings are present in our about:config), but I don't think there is any way to utilize it, and I don't think the functionality is even present in our distributions of the SeaMonkey project. Correct me if I'm wrong though - I think it would be neat to leverage this feature in SeaMonkey personally.
I think the Firefox Reader Mode code resides almost entirely in Firefox. Someone will have to port it to SeaMonkey. The SeaMonkey team is very small and none of us has the time to do that. Volunteers are welcome of course!

Phil
flaneurb

Post by flaneurb »

Even in Firefox, Reader mode is not ready for prime time. Stackexchange sites aren't handled properly. Some others as well.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cg ... er+view%22

No point in Seamonkey going that way right now.