64 bit Seamonkey builds for Windows

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
James

Re: 64 bit Seamonkey builds for Windows

Post by James »

4td8s wrote:there's no "official" win64 Firefox version released yet, grunnsat. there are nightly, developer (aurora) & beta builds of 64-bit firefox for windows from mozilla but not "stable" release builds of win64 firefox as that won't happen until at least Firefox 42

Pretty much said that already if you read thread.
grunnsat

Post by grunnsat »

4td8s wrote:Microsoft will end support for Windows Vista on April 2017.

That is the end of extended support, you need a support contract for that AFAIK. Normal support ended 2012. Consumers don't have support contracts.....
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

I also am running one of the "~akalla" 64-bit builds of "SeaMonkey 2.37" mentioned early in this thread - it does indeed seem perky and all, but that is of course an unscientific and anecdotal report. ;)

The only [really minor] weirdness I observe is that, on my 64-bit Win10, the running icon(s) for SeaMonkey are "separate", rather than being attached to the "pinned" icon for SeaMonkey (yes, it is a new one made with this build) on the Win10 taskbar.

Note that this was done after a full profile backup and uninstall of the previous official 2.35 build.
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

To update my previous post, I have been running another one of the "~akalla" 64-bit builds for Windows, this time from the [sort of] "beta channel" - a build of SM 2.38.

The good news is that the Windows taskbar weirdness mentioned above is now gone/fixed/whatever... the bad news is that the really unfortunate break in "restore-from-hibernate" behavior first noticed in the 2.35 "pre" still-32-bit-build from Philip is still present and unfixed. :(

To sum up this last, now, unlike all pre-2.35 builds of SeaMonkey, I can no longer come back from a hibernate and have my periodic mail account checks still working... I am forced to shut down SeaMonkey all the way and restart it to get "auto" email account checks back - this brokenness is NOT tied to a 32 vs 64 -bit build issue.
casper1975

Post by casper1975 »

You can get a 64bit version of Seamonkey here:

m64.info/index.php/seamonkey-64-bit-download

I've been using 2.37 which works fantastic & yesterday 2.38 was released but after upgrading I noticed that my plugins were not showing up In the extensions manager tab, This issue is also effecting Firefox so I downgraded back to 2.37 I contacted them regarding this issue & now they have 2.37 listed as the main version so lets hope a fix is released soon.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Copy and paste should you be adventurous .
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

casper1975 wrote:You can get a 64bit version of Seamonkey here:

I've been using 2.37 which works fantastic & yesterday 2.38 was released but after upgrading I noticed that my plugins were not showing up In the extensions manager tab, This issue is also effecting Firefox so I downgraded back to 2.37 I contacted them regarding this issue & now they have 2.37 listed as the main version so lets hope a fix is released soon.

no need to get 2.37 as that was never an official release (there were some "unofficial" win32 versions of 2.37 some time ago but are no longer available since 2.38 came out recently). i'll get the win64 version of 2.38 instead either at M64 or from here.
casper1975

Post by casper1975 »

4td8s wrote:
casper1975 wrote:You can get a 64bit version of Seamonkey here:

no need to get 2.37 as that was never an official release (there were some "unofficial" win32 versions of 2.37 some time ago but are no longer available since 2.38 came out recently). i'll get the win64 version of 2.38 instead either at M64 or from here.

M64 Seems to be a very good place to get Seamonkey even though many of my plugins don't work so far so good, I haven't been impacted to much & If I want to stream video using VLC I can copy the link Into the media player which I actually have installed on my machine.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Made entirely unclickable.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

As an update of my update ;), I have been able to confirm that the *release* version of 2.38 - still an "~akalla" 64-bit build in my case - no longer exhibits the problem of no "auto" email checking after returning from a hibernate - sweet. :)

I will assume this is also good now in the old-fashioned 32-bit builds too, which is where I first observed it... I could almost get nostalgic over those ol' 32-bit days - almost. 8-)