Windows nightlies

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
LordOfTheBored

Re: Windows nightlies

Post by LordOfTheBored »

rsx11m wrote:There is an official 12-Jul-2016 Windows nightly trunk build today!!! =D>
Kudos to ewong for fixing the loaner machine! :banana:
Whoohoo! One step closer to total global domination!
unbeleevabull

Post by unbeleevabull »

D/l'ed 2.47 zip from 16th - missing a needed dll (Win8.1). ... I'll wait for official releases.
frg

Post by frg »

Latest 2.47a1 build should be fixed:

http://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonke ... ral-trunk/

It also contains the fix for the location bar:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1272401

Please test. 2.45 and 2.46a1 will follow soon.

Due to internal changes in the database carried over from Firefox 50a1 (Gecko) you will not be able to go back without problems so please back up your profile if you want to downgrade later.

FRG
unbeleevabull

Post by unbeleevabull »

it worked this time
url in location bar seems OK too so far (couldn't follow problem in bugziller)
frg

Post by frg »

A new unofficial en-US Windows Beta with the fixed location bar, fixed Data Manager and a ton of other fixes compared to 2.40 is also available.

Mozilla Devtools and Lightning are included.

https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonk ... comm-beta/

As usual these days while we are in the middle of switching compilers and patching the build environment it won't start without tinkering.

After installation you need to edit the file dependentlibs.list in the Seamonkey installation directory and take out the two entries with 120 in it.

The VS2013 runtime files are not included in this one so if you don't have it on your PC you need to install the x86 one from:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=40784

If you want to give it a test go ahead. Should be very stable but back up you profile before. You will not be able to go back to 2.40 without problems because of an internal database upgrade.

Aero peek is broken but the patch is already under review. If you find any other snafus just file a bug.
therube

Post by therube »

With only a quick "test", I've had stability issues with SeaMonkey 2.45 (of 7-25-2016), http://logs.glob.uno/?c=seamonkey#c669883.

Interesting "comment" in the bug report, (Why is someone touching JSAPI without an AutoJSAPI?).

MDN: JSAPI (SpiderMonkey).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
frg

Post by frg »

Hmm interesting. I am on 2.45 now for weeks and didn't experience any unusual problems.

Was this video playback related? Can you reproduce it?

I know only of two serious bugs:

media.mediasource.webm.enabled need to be set to true or Seamonkey will eventually crash when testing video formats.

Pausing and resuming downloads will eventually crash (this one is there since around 2.38)
therube

Post by therube »

> Was this video playback related?

Most likely.
At least videos were being played during the session.

> Can you reproduce it?

Reproduce, yes, most likely.
But specific steps to reproduce, no.
More like; open from Session Restore (already using a decent amount of RAM at that point, ~1500 MB), then just screw around until she drops. So haphazardly open this, open that, play this, play that... I don't think its going to be anything specific that will cause the crash.

Well I've crashed twice now, in a relatively short period of time.
If I get time tonight, maybe I'll try to crash it again (I'm sure it will) & see how that report compares.

And in order to "test" (a bit more completely), I'll have to start with a "new" Profile.

Now "new" can't be totally clean, as some baggage will (have to) be copied over.
As a start, & at minimum; NoScript extension, and places.sqlite & sessionstore.json.

Regarding Bug 1226102 - Browser: F6, I was thinking, what if I remapped (heh, I just hit it instead of "typing" it, & I jumped to the URL bar) 'Ctrl+L' to F6, but alas that didn't accomplish the task. (Not sure if a converted Keybinder is working properly or not?)

Would be interesting to see how a 2.44 fares compartively, but... (Maybe akala, is it? has a recent one?)

2.40 has been robust in the same situations where 2.45 has crashed.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
frg

Post by frg »

Well this is practically Firefox 48 release code. Firefox Beta code moved to release yesterday. There might be some additional fixes till the official build next Tuesday but usually no showstoppers. Hope its not something Seamonkey only and hard to track down. Personally I doubt it because my 2.45 is rock stable in daily browsing but its a VS2015 build. But I am only occasionally view videos online so we will see. But set the webm pref to be safe.

For F6 just edit omni.ja. Only a few lines. For the differences just check the patch in the bug.

FRG