Windows nightlies

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Bergamot

Windows nightlies

Post by Bergamot »

The current Windows nightly is stuck at 2.45a1, and more than 2 months old. Why is that, and is there any plan to get it up to speed with Linux and Mac builds?

Inquiring minds want to know.
rsx11m

Re: Windows nightlies

Post by rsx11m »

It's an ongoing issue, unfortunately. The regular build machines SeaMonkey has used at Mozilla need both operating system and compiler version upgrades, which as far as I know hasn't happened yet. Thus, there is an interim "loaner" machine (actually, the second machine already, replacing the first loaner) which is used to manually kick off the builds whenever the release engineer finds time (and the builds actually build). This was discussed to happen automatically, but for some reason this doesn't seem to work yet.

So, bottom line, Mac and Linux are part of the regular Mozilla machinery, whereas the Windows builds have to be done and uploaded semi-manually.
Bergamot

Post by Bergamot »

That's unfortunate, but thanks for the info. Any ETA on the needed upgrades?
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Not that I'm aware of, this has been going on for more than a year now. You can follow bugs 1114876 and 1092468 for any progress (or lack thereof).
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

it looks like Mac and Linux nightlies became busted a few days ago as noted in the Seamonkey status meeting notes of June 7:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/Stat ... 2016-06-07
latest mac & linux nightlies of SM I found were of 6/6/2016 - none made after that

so all Windows, Mac & Linux nightly builds on the SM build machines are currently busted
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Only the official nightly builds are busted, possibly due to infrastructure or configuration issues again (they stopped right after last week's merge), the Linux tinderbox builds are fine for both aurora and trunk (thus, not a build/compilation problem as such).
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Another change, this time in the update URL, checked in for all channels. This adds a system-capabilities component to app.update.url (see bug 1274722 for details), where it is my understanding that SeaMonkey doesn't enforce SSE2 support (type /3/ vs. type /6/ update?). So, nightly updates may or may not work once the other issues are fixed (right now, still no nightly builds for either platform).
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

rsx11m wrote:Only the official nightly builds are busted, possibly due to infrastructure or configuration issues again (they stopped right after last week's merge)
Linux nightly builds for trunk and aurora a back (thanks ewong!), no Mac or Windows yet.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

There is an official 12-Jul-2016 Windows nightly trunk build today!!! =D>
Kudos to ewong for fixing the loaner machine! :banana:
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

I just tried installing it. When I launch SM after installation, I get an error window that says "Couldn't load XPCOM".
But then again, I may be wrong.
frg

Post by frg »

I am downloading it right now to see if the VS2015 runtime components are included.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145

The build will have problems with the location bar not showing the current url anyway.

FRG
frg

Post by frg »

Ok, there is something wrong with the build. Parts of the runtime are missing but even adding them gives the XPCOM error.

This is the first version compiled with VS2015 so be patient. Shouldn't be too hard to figure it out. Locally building with VS2015 works just fine.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

I didn't try the build myself, just followed the discussion in the bug report (some obscure path problem) and saw the build showing up on the FTP site. That alone I figured was substantial progress, hence the enthusiasm. ;-)
frg

Post by frg »

>> That alone I figured was substantial progress, hence the enthusiasm. ;-)

+1. It might mean that an offical 2.44 is near finally. But I am quite sure the next hurdle might be l10n.

FRG
frg

Post by frg »

After a little manual tinkering the current 2.46 and 2.47 builds work:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1286373

This will be fixed in due time and not necessary of course.