Some YouTube Flash items are sound only

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Anonymosity

Some YouTube Flash items are sound only

Post by Anonymosity »

Why is it that now some Flash items on YouTube have only sound, but no video and no controls, whereas others are still fine? I am having to switch YouTube Flash Video Player back and forth between Flash and HTML5 now. I am using SM 2.46.
Zerebralus

Re: Some YouTube Flash items are sound only

Post by Zerebralus »

I guess it's another problem with flashblock. I had to set youtube there on the "allow list". before I got a problem message by clicking on the flashbutton.
therube

Post by therube »

URLs?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Here is one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtrm1fukvAU
I was using Flashblock, but HTML5 does not start at all if you set that to be blocked. I am now trying Flashstopper.
Zerebralus

Post by Zerebralus »

last try flashblock without youtube on whitelist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHPh2jkaWGc flashbutton occurs and when I click on it there's the failure message.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The failure message saying that nothing you are using will work? I have seen that many times now and I ignore it because it is not true. I am talking about a real problem.
therube

Post by therube »

How can you know a "real problem" if you don't test in a new, clean Profile?

You've got blockers, who knows what other extensions, & you're switching from Flash to HTML5 & back.

Create a new, clean Profile, load the page & see what happens.
After you see that it works, work backwards to try to find where your issue lies.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I have been seeing that message since YouTube tried to force everyone to use HTML5. My present problem is new. Maybe they are trying to switch everyone by changing the way they use Flash once again, especially on newer videos. HTML5 seems to work better these days anyhow, and no longer autostarts.