MozillaZine

SeaMonkey 2.48 is under way

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Bozz
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: October 18th, 2007, 1:53 pm

Post Posted July 27th, 2017, 5:53 am

Frank Lion wrote:@Bozz - Hi Bozz, Mighty knows because I gave him the link (I think there's newer ones around now than the one you linked to) a bit back, but he's forgotten to use it. :P

Okay. At least he should remember now. :) ...and maybe he'll post a link to the newer mods if he knows it for anyone else that needs it.

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 19320
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted July 27th, 2017, 6:14 am

Yeah, I haven't got the links myself without a lot of searching. I just grab stuff when I can, in case it gets later pulled. But here's the filenames and they're all legit and from the last 2 - 3 months -

custom_buttons-0.0.5.8.9-fixed4-signed.xpi.zip
custom-buttons3-wf-52.0.1.xpi
custom-buttons3-wf-52.0.4.xpi
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

DN123ABC
 
Posts: 258
Joined: January 9th, 2017, 10:10 am

Post Posted July 27th, 2017, 6:18 am

James wrote:
DN123ABC wrote:Filehippo's "App Manager" alerted me to this pending update. I let that do the update for me.

http://filehippo.com/download_app_manager/

No need to get SeaMonkey from a random third-party site though.


Well, it isn't random. It is a pretty useful application for checking if programs are up to date or not. It filled a niche that Mozilla did not.

L.A.R. Grizzly

User avatar
 
Posts: 5281
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 5:32 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio, USA

Post Posted July 27th, 2017, 7:01 am

Frank Lion wrote:Pat's not going to be fixing SeaFox any time soon, I'm thinking. Putting the following in userChrome.css will at least put the default Findbar at the bottom, which is a start -


Hi Frank,

I put your code into Stylish but I get no Findbar. Restarting SM didn't help. Is there something in Sea Fox that I have to change to get your code to work? Thanx.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Firefox 52.3.0esr, SeaMonkey 2.48, Pale Moon 27.4.2 and Thunderbird 52.3.0

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 19320
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted July 27th, 2017, 7:51 am

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Hi Frank,

I put your code into Stylish but I get no Findbar. Restarting SM didn't help. Is there something in Sea Fox that I have to change to get your code to work? Thanx.

Hi Griz, here's what I know - on 2.48, Pat's Findbar binding doesn't work, so the Findbar reverts to default and then appears below the toolbars (and above the Tab bar, which is an odd position for it, but there you go) and at that point, findbar-wise SeaFox is out of the picture. OK?

All I did with my code was to move that default Findbar down to the bottom, where SeaFox has it, disable Seafox and I then tested it on 2.46 and all is fine. If you're not seeing that then it's possible that on 2.48 the content is overlaying that bar and you should add this to my code above -

/* make findbar appear ABOVE content in view source window */
#appcontent {
-moz-box-direction: normal!important;}

Also, if you're using Stylish, don't forget to put a namespace line at the top of your style -

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* set default namespace to XUL */

See how you get on, but don't forget I was coding blind and if you and others get stuck, I can always put 2.48 back on this box and fix it for sure.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

L.A.R. Grizzly

User avatar
 
Posts: 5281
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 5:32 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio, USA

Post Posted July 27th, 2017, 11:04 am

Frank Lion wrote:See how you get on, but don't forget I was coding blind and if you and others get stuck, I can always put 2.48 back on this box and fix it for sure.


Neither additions to your previous code work. It has something to do with Sea Fox.

If I disable Sea Fox:

I get the find bar at the bottom as you mentioned (with your code).

Find bar is at the top over the tab bar (with your code turned off).
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Firefox 52.3.0esr, SeaMonkey 2.48, Pale Moon 27.4.2 and Thunderbird 52.3.0

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 19320
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted July 27th, 2017, 1:33 pm

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:It has something to do with Sea Fox.

Here you go. Leave SeaFox enabled and use this -

Code: Select all
/*Franks Default 2.48 Findbar to bottom due to absent Pat...*/
findbar {
 -moz-binding: url("chrome://communicator/content/bindings/findbar.xml#findbar") !important;}

#FindToolbar {
   -moz-box-ordinal-group: 10 !important;} 

#appcontent {
-moz-box-direction: normal!important;}


I work better when I can see what I'm doing. :)

Had a quick look at searchbar suggestions/history - it throws up -
Error: TypeError: this.tree.view is null
Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/autocomplete.xml
Line: 745
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

L.A.R. Grizzly

User avatar
 
Posts: 5281
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 5:32 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio, USA

Post Posted July 27th, 2017, 1:41 pm

Frank Lion wrote:I work better when I can see what I'm doing. :)

Had a quick look at searchbar suggestions/history - it throws up -
Error: TypeError: this.tree.view is null
Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/autocomplete.xml
Line: 745


Your new Findbar code works like a champ! Thanks for figuring it out. I don't care much about the search suggestions, but if you post a code, I'll be happy to check it out! Kudos!
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Firefox 52.3.0esr, SeaMonkey 2.48, Pale Moon 27.4.2 and Thunderbird 52.3.0

James
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 26957
Joined: June 18th, 2003, 3:07 pm
Location: Made in Canada

Post Posted July 27th, 2017, 1:44 pm

DN123ABC wrote:Well, it isn't random. It is a pretty useful application for checking if programs are up to date or not. It filled a niche that Mozilla did not.

Filehippo is indeed a random Unofficial download site for SeaMonkey. They like some other random download sites have recently Jumped the gun on listing SeaMonkey 2.48 even though it is Not officially out yet and will be listed on the Official https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ when it is. Also SeaMonkey is being done by a community and not Mozilla.

mightyglydd

User avatar
 
Posts: 8890
Joined: November 4th, 2006, 7:07 pm
Location: Hollywood Ca.

Post Posted July 27th, 2017, 4:51 pm

Frank Lion wrote:
@Bozz - Hi Bozz, Mighty knows because I gave him the link (I think there's newer ones around now than the one you linked to) a bit back, but he's forgotten to use it. :P

Aha..Found these in my 'xpi bumps' folder, May 20th 2017.
custom_buttons-0.0.5.8.9-fixed4.xpi
custom_buttons-0.0.5.8.9-fixed4-signed.xpi

Al Z. Heimers

@Bozz..... here's the link I got from Frank..

http://custombuttons.sourceforge.net/fo ... f=5&t=3743
>>>>>
http://custombuttons.sourceforge.net/fo ... php?id=381
http://custombuttons.sourceforge.net/fo ... php?id=380
Last edited by mightyglydd on July 27th, 2017, 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#KeepFightingMichael

mightyglydd

User avatar
 
Posts: 8890
Joined: November 4th, 2006, 7:07 pm
Location: Hollywood Ca.

Post Posted July 27th, 2017, 6:39 pm

Aha.. back on .48, disabled the old Custom Buttons (now removed), installed the 'signed' version + findbar code with Stylish and we're back in business.. thanks y'all :)
#KeepFightingMichael

DN123ABC
 
Posts: 258
Joined: January 9th, 2017, 10:10 am

Post Posted July 28th, 2017, 7:17 am

James wrote:
DN123ABC wrote:Well, it isn't random. It is a pretty useful application for checking if programs are up to date or not. It filled a niche that Mozilla did not.

Filehippo is indeed a random Unofficial download site for SeaMonkey. They like some other random download sites have recently Jumped the gun on listing SeaMonkey 2.48 even though it is Not officially out yet and will be listed on the Official https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ when it is. Also SeaMonkey is being done by a community and not Mozilla.


1) Despite what you say, it is not "random". It is a very specific place people go to seeking out updates EXACTLY like this kind.

2) I thought "Mozilla" was also a "community". Yeah, those are loose terms, and nobody is really accountable for anything, but I guess you get what you get when you're not paying for it. Isn't that the concept behind "open software"?

isaacschemm
 
Posts: 204
Joined: January 20th, 2015, 12:29 pm

Post Posted July 28th, 2017, 9:04 am

DN123ABC wrote:2) I thought "Mozilla" was also a "community". Yeah, those are loose terms, and nobody is really accountable for anything, but I guess you get what you get when you're not paying for it. Isn't that the concept behind "open software"?

Maybe it used to be that way, but nowadays when people say the term "Mozilla" they almost always mean the Mozilla Foundation or Mozilla Corporation itself.

mozray
 
Posts: 26
Joined: March 10th, 2017, 3:48 pm

Post Posted July 28th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Frank Lion wrote:
mightyglydd wrote:Hmm, so I have 2.48 .exe, dated 21st of July, sitting on my desktop.. Install or not ?

You'll lose SeaFox's Findbar

FYI, I've found that Seafox's Find Bar works fine in v2.49.1:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3029870

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 19320
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted July 28th, 2017, 1:28 pm

mozray wrote:FYI, I've found that Seafox's Find Bar works fine in v2.49.1:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3029870

Are the searchbar search suggestions and searchbar history working on 2.49?
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Return to SeaMonkey Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest