Restoring deleted location bar

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Bergamot

Restoring deleted location bar

Post by Bergamot »

Today I accidentally clicked on that toolbar grippy on the far left of the Navigation Toolbar. This completely removed that toolbar from the UI. Toggling the option from the View menu had no effect whatsoever and the location bar was invisible in Customize... There was no way to recover it other than to reload the profile (except Mail) from a recent backup.

Once upon a time (a long, long time ago) I believe settings like this could be recovered by editing or reloading a single file, such as the old localstore.rdf. Where are such settings stored now? I'd rather replace/edit a single file than reload the whole profile, not knowing what else I might be blowing away in the process.

And is there any way to lock the Navigation toolbar to protect me from myself in the future? ;)

tia
smsmith

Re: Restoring deleted location bar

Post by smsmith »

I believe that's in xulstore.json now.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The grippy should become horizontal under the toolbars. Clicking on the horizontal one should restore the bar.
Bergamot

Post by Bergamot »

Anonymosity wrote:The grippy should become horizontal under the toolbars. Clicking on the horizontal one should restore the bar.
I saw no grippy under the toolbars, just a minute empty space about 2px high between the bottom toolbar and the tabbar. I did try left and right clicking on various parts of toolbars to no avail.
therube

Post by therube »

So this is with 2.54?
That given, I'd think its not expected (for the browser in general) to be working correctly.

(Yes, xulstore.json sounds like the ticket.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Bergamot

Post by Bergamot »

therube wrote:So this is with 2.54?
Yes, a 2.54 nightly from August 11 (more recent nightlies have been unusable for various reasons, though I haven't tried a new one in at about 2 weeks).

But this isn't a new thing - seems to me the grippy thing has been happening for years.
frg

Post by frg »

You will be able to kill the grippies permanently in 2.49.2 and 2.53+ builds from yesterday and up by setting "browser.toolbars.grippyhidden" to true.

2.54+ is still unusable. We are working on it but even when it is ship shape most addons will be left broken because of Mozilla code removals.

FRG
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Whether or not I see grippies depends on the theme I am using. Some themes show them and some do not.