Border colors are broken in the UI

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Pim

Border colors are broken in the UI

Post by Pim »

The latest SeaMonkey, 2.57a1, now works again, mostly. It still has issues, but it's functional!
One thing I notice is that the Modern theme is broken, obviously because the properties -moz-border-top-colors, -moz-border-right-colors, -moz-border-bottom-colors and -moz-border-left-colors no longer work. All the UI elements have thick black borders now.

In https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox/Releases/59 I read that these properties have been disabled, which would account for the problem. Now someone needs to redesign this theme; so far so good.
However, the same page also says that these properties "have been limited to usage in chrome code only".
That's where I get confused. Has something gone wrong? I mean, a theme is chrome code, right? Doesn't that mean it should still work?
Groetjes, Pim
frg

Re: Border colors are broken in the UI

Post by frg »

Known problem but I think there is no bug yet. All the breakage is a bit overwhelming. The moz-border colors are gone in 2.57 / 60 and need to be replaced with border derivates. Unfortunately not 1:1 in all cases.
Pim

Post by Pim »

Thanks. That's what I gather, yes, but what got me confused is that the linked page specifically says
The proprietary -moz-border-top-colors, -moz-border-right-colors, -moz-border-bottom-colors, and -moz-border-left-colors properties have been limited to usage in chrome code only
which sounds like it should keep working for themes. That's why I asked.
Groetjes, Pim
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I believe the syntax is now border-inline-right, etc.
frg

Post by frg »

Unfortunately not that easy or it would have been fixed by now.

Tracked in bug 1444740 which has a wip fix.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1444740

If someone who knows css wants to take it over be my guest. The assigned person seems to have given up.

FRG
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

frg wrote:Unfortunately not that easy or it would have been fixed by now.

Tracked in bug 1444740 which has a wip fix.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1444740

If someone who knows css wants to take it over be my guest. The assigned person seems to have given up.

FRG
sad but does that more or less mean that there will never be anymore Seamonkey releases beyond 2.49.x ?
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
frg

Post by frg »

> sad but does that more or less mean that there will never be anymore Seamonkey releases beyond 2.49.x ?

It just means that the css needs to be changed.