Seamonkey testing 2.58a1. Not save or reopen tabs. (Linux)

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
albfneto

Seamonkey testing 2.58a1. Not save or reopen tabs. (Linux)

Post by albfneto »

Hi to all, I'm Brazilian and i'm new in this Forum. I mainly use Firefox, and from some years ago, i'm a tester of the Firefox nightly, for windows and for linux.

Sometimes, i use SeaMonkey also. Today, the problem is: SEAMONKEY, new testing the version 2.58 Alpha 1, in Brazilian Portuguese. Version for Linux 32 Bits (OpenSUSE is the distro)

i dont report the problem as a Bug, because i'm not certain that really is a Bug.

When i use the Seamonkey as browser, i open some tabs etc.... when I close the browser, it not saves anything..... reopened, it make a new session, empty, without any tab.... even the main "Home-Page", the "Home" not appear...

for open the "Home" page, it will necessary to click in the "Home" Button.

Resuming, my SeaMonkey 2.58 Alpha 1, not save the sessions.... Also, their setup as "default browser" not mantained....
Last edited by DanRaisch on March 15th, 2018, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added (Linux) to subject.
DanRaisch

Re: Seamonkey testing 2.58a1. Not save or reopen tabs.

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to SeaMonkey Builds.
frg

Re: Seamonkey testing 2.58a1. Not save or reopen tabs. (Lin

Post by frg »

SeaMonkey is currently mostly broken. Our Mozilla "friends" removed a lot of stuff on short or no notice. This is probably caused by bookmarks api changes. These were announced early some time ago and a fix is already in review.

We are concentrating on fixing up 2.57 in comm-beta because this will become the next ESR version.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1433370

Mail news/sidebar and help are broken among other things.

FRG
albfneto

Post by albfneto »

OK. no problem, since it is a testing version. My version 2.49.2 Portuguese, and also my Firefox installations are working great
frg

Post by frg »

If someone wants to do some testing I would be glad to get some feedback on the download manager and the Bookmarks Library (the former Bookmarks Manager) in 2.57. These got some fresh patches and I did only limited testing. The browser mostly works but mail news, feeds, the sidebar and a few other things are still broken. Most Add-ons are broken too because of Mozilla platform and source removals. Web extension support is not in yet. Do a backup if you want to go back. This updates a lot of files in the profile to current specs:

http://www.wg9s.com/comm-257/