Scrollbar too wide on Linux Mint 19, default SM theme

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Joe1962

Scrollbar too wide on Linux Mint 19, default SM theme

Post by Joe1962 »

Wasn't sure if I should ask here or on the Mint Forum, but since I just started using Mint 19 (I'm a Slackware user normally), and I've been on SeaMonkey since pre 1.0, plus I'm practically an old-timer here, I decided to start on familiar ground... :D

The issue I'm having is that the vertical scrollbar on the browser is too wide on Linux Mint 19, using the default SM theme. Changing to some other themes fixes this, but the default one has the best combination of visibility and looks on the dark Mint theme I use.

Using a screen ruler gives about 36 pixels in width, compared to around 8 on the Classic theme. I installed SM from the ubuntuzilla repo, which basically repackages the official SM binary releases, AFAIK.

Any idea what could cause this?
Last edited by Joe1962 on July 29th, 2018, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
SM (usually latest stable) on Linux Mint 19 x86_64.
frg

Re: Scrollbar too wide on Linux Mint 19, default SM theme

Post by frg »

Might be this one but only fixed in Fx 55+ / SeaMonkey 2.52

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... id=1343802

Could you try the 2.53 test build:
http://www.wg9s.com/comm-253/

Backup your profile. It will be upgraded and you will not be able to go back to 2.49.4 without restoring it.

If 2.53 works I can try to backport the fix to our next 2.49.
Joe1962

Re: Scrollbar too wide on Linux Mint 19, default SM theme

Post by Joe1962 »

Thanks! I can confirm it is fixed on 2.53. It might be a pixel wider, but I'm sure that's because of the more rounded border on the default theme, or maybe just my tired eyes.

EDIT: BTW, I had searched on this forum and the Mint one, as well as a general google search, and found nothing. I never figured on using the word "fat" in the search though (as in that bugzilla issue title)... :D

Should have searched bugzilla as well, which is my bad, but I never really had much luck searching there.
SM (usually latest stable) on Linux Mint 19 x86_64.