2.53.1 beta 1 progress

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
TPR75

Re: 2.53.1 beta 1 progress

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:
TPR75 wrote: Some time ago one small annoying bug was fixed (for 2.53.2) - after starting Calendar view for "Day" and "Week" was messed up until view was changed to e.g. "Multiweek" or to e-mail and back. Good, thank you.
I am not sure this is fixed. I notice the same if you one the calendar when you are only selected an the account and not a folder. Seems to be an older bug.
This one was fixed (somehow):

Since few weeks SeaMonkey 2.53.2 beta1 pre looks correct after opening Calendar (when "Day" and "Week" was last selection).

But WAIT! There is more...! :wink:

Problem is in 2.49.5 (EDIT: in PL version)... but not in 2.53.1 beta 1 and not in 2.53.2 beta 1 pre (EDIT: both en-US version). Above screenshot was made for profile "Test2" created in 2.49.5 but used (from some time) under 2.53.1 (unofficial and beta 1) and now under 2.53.2 beta 1 pre. After few (maybe dozen or so) updates of 2.53.2 problem was solved for profile "Test2".

I did some more test and created two new profiles: one for 2.53.1 beta 1 (using this version of SM) and second for 2.49.5 (using this older SM). For 2.53.1 beta 1 Calendar works correct but for 2.49.5 there is problem like on above picture. I run profile for 2.49.5 with 2.53.1 beta 1 (like it could be after update) and... surprise! This time above problem with Calendar just vanished. Maybe there were something after older unofficial SeaMonkey 2.53.1 or older Calendar extension compilation.

Chwila, moment! Nie tak szybko...! :-"

Looks like there shouldn't be problem for users after update... but for en-US version of SeaMonkey 2.53.x! Above problem is for Polish versions: 2.49.5 and 2.53.1 beta 1 (even for completely new profile made under 2.53.1). When I switch for en-US then new profile (made by 2.53.1 beta 1 PL) works correct. Switch back to PL and view bug is present.

For test I installed en-US language pack (for official beta 1) but it didn't changed anything - the same problem. Maybe because I wasn't able to change Calendar language to en-US (PL "exe" with en-US langpack)? Even after reset of "extensions.installedDistroAddon.{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}" in about:config. But I think it's not related because when I run en-US "exe" (both 2.53.1 beta 1 and 2.53.2 beta 1 pre) and Polish language was visible for Calendar (and en-US for other UI of SM) then there was no view bug. It must be something wrong with Polish version of SeaMonkey but not related to language pack.
--
frg

Post by frg »

I see exactly this when I select the account not a folder and switch to the calendar tab. 100% reproducible. I didn't have time to investigate.

Final 2.53.1 patches picked. Will do a test build if I see a visible regression and then we should start building soon.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:I see exactly this when I select the account not a folder and switch to the calendar tab. 100% reproducible.
For PL version of 2.53.1 beta 1 I can see it (view bug) every time regardless of what I'll select first (account or folder). As opposed to en-US version when I can't see this bug regardless of what I'll select first. Strange.
--
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

TPR75 wrote:
frg wrote:I see exactly this when I select the account not a folder and switch to the calendar tab. 100% reproducible.
For PL version of 2.53.1 beta 1 I can see it (view bug) every time regardless of what I'll select first (account or folder). As opposed to en-US version when I can't see this bug regardless of what I'll select first. Strange.
I just tested all translated versions (including en-GB) of SeaMonkey 2.53.1 beta 1 and all are affected. Only en-US is not affected. To make sure it's not related to profile created by PL version I made completely new one using en-US beta 1.

Difference is that for en-US when I'll open Calendar then it will open and automatically switch to Calendar's view. The same behavior is for SeaMonkey 2.53.2 beta 1 pre (Build identifier: 20200215130007; both en-US and DE). But all translated versions opens Calendar in background and when I switch to Calendar tab then I can see view bug. To make it "normal" I must switch back to e-mail account view and then back again to Calendar.

If there is no time for fix then it should be mentioned in release notes (IMHO).
--
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:
TPR75 wrote:But there is still one more small bug - e-mail preview is closed when opening Calendar or switching to Calendar view and back to e-mail and user must every time hit F8 to enable e-mail preview (when e-mail account's folder wasn't selected before opening Calendar). It there any chance to make fix for incoming SeaMonkey 2.53.1? And to fit both fixes in 2.53.1 final release?
Also an older one. The more I work with Lightning the more I notice small quirks. I need some peace and quiet to do more fixes and backports. Not in sight right now :( IanN and I are doing what we can to put new stuff and fixes in. TB also just integrated Lightning. If possible I would like to backport this but it would need a bunch of backports adapted to classic xul. But this would allow us to fix any integration bugs better.
I find one interesting thing with e-mail preview and Calendar (that may help find bug). It looks like opening of Calendar tab doesn't drop e-mail preview - when I open Calendar tab and then (without switching to e-mail account) I'll close Mail&Newsgroups window with two tabs open (e-mail account and Calendar; by default confirmation required) then reopening M&N (with or without restart of SeaMonkey) shows that e-mail preview is still enabled. Switching from Calendar tab (by clicking e-mail tab, by pressing Alt+Tab keys or just by closing Calendar tab) drops e-mail preview.
--