2.53.1 beta 1 progress

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
frg

Re: 2.53.1 beta 1 progress

Post by frg »

It is not a bug but a feature: https://support.mozilla.org/bm/questions/1059209

The old api is no longer available. The new one seems to need a warning in the release notes.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

frg wrote:It is not a bug but a feature: https://support.mozilla.org/bm/questions/1059209

The old api is no longer available. The new one seems to need a warning in the release notes.
Except that I didn't use the 'Forget about this site' feature (admittedly only because I thought it deleted only one site). I deleted a History folder.
2.53.1 only has 'Forget about this site' , i.e. one site! So, I selected History 'By Site' and deleted the mail.google.com folder to achieve the same thing.
Ah well, at least I know now. Thanks.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
frg

Post by frg »

> Except that I didn't use the 'Forget about this site' feature (admittedly only because I thought it deleted only one site). I deleted a History folder.

Hmm I just tried using delete and also deleting a folder and it didn't remove cookies or passwords for me. Any other takers who can confirm either behaviour?

FRG
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Hmm I just tried using delete and also deleting a folder and it didn't remove cookies or passwords for me. Any other takers who can confirm either behaviour?
Maybe I'm wrong about this and did something else as well as deleting a history folder. I just deleted another History folder (having made a note of the password associated with that site) and the site history was deleted, but not password username or password.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
frg

Post by frg »

For the downloads bug with the missing names:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1612725
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Latest SeaMonkey 2.53.2 beta 1 pre () crashed:
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... 22c0200204

Run SM (with "-no-remote" switch), Browser is starting first -> open M&N window (with Ctrl+2) -> open Calendar -> switch back to Mail to check if message preview is still bugged (must re-enable previe with F8 after Calendar is opened -> this time I can't see Inbox folder content -> check for Drafts and it look correct -> click Inbox... and crash!

Second crash was when I was writing. This time it was just after Ctrl+2:
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... 1be0200204

... and again:
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... 92a0200204

... and again:
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... a8f0200204
EDIT: This one was run in Safe-Mode.

... and AGAIN! This time crushes 2.49.5 and after restart run my default profile with 2.53.2 beta 1 pre and MESSING IT UP(!!!):
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... 5e70200204

](*,) :x
--
therube

Post by therube »

Nvidia is mentioned.
And ESET (ebehmoni.dll).

And frg mentioned some buggy builds.

Odd thing is you're on Win7.
(If you were on Win10, then I'd just say, par for the course ;-).)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

TPR75 wrote:This time crushes 2.49.5 and after restart run my default profile with 2.53.2 beta 1 pre and MESSING IT UP(!!!):
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... 5e70200204
I forgot to NOT click restart button on Crash Reporter window when both 2.49.5 and 2.53.2 were terminated. Crash report is for 2.53.2 but it took down other "seamonke.exe" process.

@FRG

Messed-up bookmarks, lost history. Removed IMAP folders (offline) content; I'm not using it anymore (lost access) so I can't synchronize again. If it is not a bug then should be mentioned in release notes.

I've got backup but from 20200202. Not big loses but is there some chance for rescue, to revert changes made by 2.53.2 in profile for 2.49.5?
--
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

therube wrote:And frg mentioned some buggy builds.
This. Previous version (Build identifier: 20200202135640) works correct.
--
frg

Post by frg »

> Messed-up bookmarks,

Going from 2.53.2 to 2.49.5 will remove the places database. Should be recreated wihtout history. happend to me today. You can close seamonkey and rename places.sqlite-corupput back after reinstalling a good 2.53.2

> Removed IMAP folders (offline) content; I'm not using it anymore (lost access) so I can't synchronize again. If it is not a bug then should be mentioned in release notes.

Bad bad build. He had problems with the server affecting the compile. Hopefully not happening again.

FRG
frg

Post by frg »

I just added a fix for the mentioned download manager bug to the unofficial 2.53.2b1. It will now (hopefully) work correctly when either started with a private window or the mail/news component. Not sure how to handle it when started with the address book or composer window. I think I will just disable starting the download manager until it is initialized and graying out the menu item then.

It was too late for todays build. Please give the one from tomorrow (probably 02/09) a chance and test it. If it works ok I will take it to the official 2.53.1. Was easier than I thought and should not regress things.

FRG
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

The only thing which bugs me is Bug 1611604. If someone signs email it would be nice to get a confirtmation and püossibly a hint what is wrong.

I can confirm this (sending from one e-mail address to another e-mail address, from different ISP):
1) for sending

2) for saving as Draft

Error Console shows nothing - after start there are some entries (always), run "clear" (list is empty now), tried to send/save (with error warning) but nothing new shows in EC. Sorry.

I'm not sure about cert (if it is valid for e-mails signing) but it was imported correct as "personal" and set for e-mail account. When I click "Digitally Sign This Message" then I can see proper icon (hand writing sign) in message compose window. The same situation for 2.49.5.
--
frg

Post by frg »

Bummer but this indicates it is an older error. IanN and I are somewhat swamped. Hope we can fix it for the next release.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg is collating a list of patches that will make the cut

Some time ago one small annoying bug was fixed (for 2.53.2) - after starting Calendar view for "Day" and "Week" was messed up until view was changed to e.g. "Multiweek" or to e-mail and back. Good, thank you.

But there is still one more small bug - e-mail preview is closed when opening Calendar or switching to Calendar view and back to e-mail and user must every time hit F8 to enable e-mail preview (when e-mail account's folder wasn't selected before opening Calendar). It there any chance to make fix for incoming SeaMonkey 2.53.1? And to fit both fixes in 2.53.1 final release?
--
frg

Post by frg »

>
Some time ago one small annoying bug was fixed (for 2.53.2) - after starting Calendar view for "Day" and "Week" was messed up until view was changed to e.g. "Multiweek" or to e-mail and back. Good, thank you.
<

I am not sure this is fixed. I notice the same if you one the calendar when you are only selected an the account and not a folder. Seems to be an older bug.

>
But there is still one more small bug - e-mail preview is closed when opening Calendar or switching to Calendar view and back to e-mail and user must every time hit F8 to enable e-mail preview (when e-mail account's folder wasn't selected before opening Calendar). It there any chance to make fix for incoming SeaMonkey 2.53.1? And to fit both fixes in 2.53.1 final release?
<

Also an older one. The more I work with Lightning the more I notice small quirks. I need some peace and quiet to do more fixes and backports. Not in sight right now :( IanN and I are doing what we can to put new stuff and fixes in. TB also just integrated Lightning. If possible I would like to backport this but it would need a bunch of backports adapted to classic xul. But this would allow us to fix any integration bugs better.

FRG