Classic Addons and SeaMonkey 2.53

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
ndebord

Classic Addons and SeaMonkey 2.53

Post by ndebord »

I use the Classic Addons website to grab extensions that mainly run on SeaMonkey. I wonder how well that site will work with SeaMonkey 2.53, or if there is an alternative website that is designed for what is essentially a major update for Mozilla Suite, aka SeaMonkey, aka Netscape.

Thanks for listening.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
therube

Re: Classic Addons and SeaMonkey 2.53

Post by therube »

It's not a "site" as much as it is an "archive".
So so long as there is not some incompatibility between the CAA extension & SM, there should be no difference from before.
And as far as extensions are concerned, there could be the possibility that some extensions that worked in 2.49 may fail in 2.53 (with 2.53 having different features [under the hood] compared to what 2.49 has had). [My extensions work. Slight exception with one part of one extensions that I use.]
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ndebord

Re: Classic Addons and SeaMonkey 2.53

Post by ndebord »

therube wrote:It's not a "site" as much as it is an "archive".
So so long as there is not some incompatibility between the CAA extension & SM, there should be no difference from before.
And as far as extensions are concerned, there could be the possibility that some extensions that worked in 2.49 may fail in 2.53 (with 2.53 having different features [under the hood] compared to what 2.49 has had). [My extensions work. Slight exception with one part of one extensions that I use.]
therube,

Thanks for the info, perhaps we can have a site just for extensions that are known to work with 2.53.
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome