Latest "Bill" 2.53.3 builds mail client broken

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
RDaneel

Latest "Bill" 2.53.3 builds mail client broken

Post by RDaneel »

I just noticed that both the May 1 and May 2 Builds By Bill(tm) for Windows x64 have mail client problems... specifically, when I do a Reply operation, the email that comes up in the compose window has serious problems. :(

About the only thing right about it is the From: entry does show the same address that the mail you are replying to had been addressed... nothing else is there.

There are NO values for To:, Subject:, there is NO body (even though I use the copy-everything option), and there is NO sig.

Hmmm... this is all true for the normal compose-new-message too (of course, we don't expect there to be any recipient or quoted body for that) - but still no sig being inlucded in the body, even though all sigs are shown in the From: dropdown.

Before these 2 updates, I last updated with - I think - the build from April 20. Grrr, I skip a few days, and look what happens. ;)

Hasn't anyone else noticed anything?
hardys

Re: Latest "Bill" 2.53.3 builds mail client broken

Post by hardys »

Here everything works as expected in mail with Bills build from May 2
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

Well, double grrr. :(

Thanks for the check - but, my experience is not the same with the Builds By Bill(tm) versions from May 1/2.

However, after uninstalling the May 2 Bill build (I *always* uninstall before switching in a new build), and installing the "official" 2.53.2 BETA 1 build from April 15... my email create/reply functionality is back working as expected.

So, this means something about compatibility between the official and unofficial builds - but I don't know what - so apparently I am at least [for now] locked to the official builds.

I will also note that the unofficial builds are currently 1.1 MB larger (for Windows x64), which sounds like more than build chain difference(?)... wait a minute, the official builds really are being built differently - instead of a process virtual size that believably grows from a few GB up to 6-8 GB, these official builds always show "2.01 TB" (interestingly, similar to the "2 TB" shown for stock Windows 64-but components) - I will watch the working set behavior too, but I expect that to stay more or less the same as the unofficial builds.

So these official builds for sure have a different run-time model (vs the the unofficial ones).
frg

Post by frg »

Spring cleaning in the mail and news section is still ongoing. Composer now has customizable toolbars. Do you use a custom theme? Anything in the error log?

The official Windows builds are using the latest VS2019 16.5 compiler from Microsoft. Bills builds use clang 8 or 9 not sure. This should not cause problems as Firefox now uses clang only and desupported VS2017. VS2019 was never supported.
frg

Post by frg »

RDaneel will be fixed in tomorrows build. One recent change is bad.
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

Thanks, f-r, I will look forward to that - being "cut off" from nightly builds makes me nervous... look what happened when I wasn't watching for a few days? ;)
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

OK, new [Bill] builds today, so I assumed (hoped?) this fix was included - and it seems to be there, as the email Reply functionality is restored to its former glory... OK, that might be overstating things - but it works again! ;)
frg

Post by frg »

Yes it was already fixed in the last build.

New build has some new options in the address book. Chat names aligned with TB and some other stuff. More to come.