Casual question/observation re GitHub on latest builds

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
RDaneel

Casual question/observation re GitHub on latest builds

Post by RDaneel »

So, really just asking if anybody else has noticed anything... non-functioning vis-a-vis accessing GitHub with the current "2.53.5b1pre" builds?

To be a little more specific, I just needed to do a release on a project, and had to [ultimately] use the Chromium-based Edge to do it. :|

Two things popped out as not working - at all:

1) nothing I could enter as a "tag" was considered acceptable, even though I already had 5 prior releases, and so have a clue on how to specify a tag, and

2) the drag-and-drop of binary artifacts just didn't work - nothing got uploaded, and in fact there was no status indications of any kind after doing the "drop"

On SM, the usual for me: Win 10 "20H2", 64-bit, with NoScript not blocking anything for GitHub, and the same for UBlock Origin (disabled for the site)... even though a fully enabled "UB:O" was being used with Edge.

If anyone wanted to look at this, just use a GitHub project login and try even the above two steps for making a "dummy" release (you don't actually need to complete anything, of course) - thanks!

And, ha - I actually remembered to check the "Error Console" ;) - and only see this:

Timestamp: 8/9/2020, 3:34:38 PM
Error: TypeError: this.toggleAttribute is not a function
Source File: https://github.githubassets.com/assets/ ... 5d5ba97.js
Line: 16

... which doesn't look all that interesting, and Edge had no issues at all (just as a comparison, not trying to rank anything).
4td8s

Re: Casual question/observation re GitHub on latest builds

Post by 4td8s »

Win10 20H2 is not officially out yet - still in beta channel
frg

Post by frg »

It is probably github. They broke some features and start to use webcomponents. Don't care about anything but Chrome, Chromium Edge and probably to a lesser degree Firefox either. There was a reason we choose gitlab. There are still a high number of bugs needed to be backported for this and shadow dom to at least halfway work. Might be impossible for 2.53 and if yes needs to wait for 2.57 because some of them are written for stylo only.

FRG
therube

Post by therube »

You might see if something here relates, Switching tabs on GitHub PRs doesn't work ?
(Otherwise, peruse some of the other GitHub posts on PM.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

Thanks [all that looked at this and commented]... I suppose I hadn't really been thinking ahead to what the confluence of Microsoft acquiring GitHub and adopting Chromium would really mean: Web standards are what these two say they are. Sigh.

Yes, I use the "Windows Insider" releases of Windows - so sue me(?). ;)

And thanks for the pointer into the discussion on PM... it just underlines why too much "integration" across an industry is a Bad Idea(tm).