Buglet in email client with confusing panes and columns

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
RDaneel

Buglet in email client with confusing panes and columns

Post by RDaneel »

Using my usual latest 64-bit "Build by Bill(tm)" (2.53.7b1pre from 20210202) on my Win 10 box, I observe that if you have 2 mail tabs open (like your domain's mail server and GMail), when you flip between the tabs, the mail columns displayed are the same as the tab you came *from*, which might not be troubling if they are both looking at their respective "Inbox" views... but if you were look at Sent in one, and then flip over to the other tab (which may be looking at Inbox) - the displayed columns and headers do not change.

Easily "reset" by just selecting a different view [on that server] briefly (like Trash) and then come back to the one you are trying to see... you will have the correct columns / headers now displayed.

Mentioning this mostly in case anyone else notices it - given the things that really need fixing, this one will probably not be too high on the list. ;)
DanRaisch

Re: Buglet in email client with confusing panes and columns

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to SeaMonkey Builds, where pre-release versions are discussed.
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

have you filed a bugzilla report about this problem, RDaneel?
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

Nope - as it is relatively minor (given the trivial workaround), I can't see our extremely stretched dev resources even worrying about this to the extent of triaging it. ;)

I bring it up here more as a help for others that may encounter it to confirm that they aren't crazy.

Finally, it may *possibly* be of use in shedding some light on some larger problem... in that sense, perhaps there is some value in making it "official".