Email client has lost tab titles

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
RDaneel

Email client has lost tab titles

Post by RDaneel »

... as in, the tabs for either my Office 365 or my GMail servers both just say "Inbox" - didn't they used to show some portion of the server info?

Seeing this with both of the last 2 "2.53.8b1pre" Builds by Bill(tm) 64-bit Windows bits on my Win 10 Pro box.

I suppose the good news is these things popping up may mean there is work going on by our valiant devs on the "final frontier" (the email client display implementation) blocking 2.57(?). :mrgreen:
Last edited by RDaneel on March 8th, 2021, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake4

Re: Email client has lost tab titles

Post by Snake4 »

afaict, there wont be a 2.53.7 ,, it would of been out by now, they did indicate that release would be a Beta Release in Feb, now that its March its a bit late to bother releasing that, might as well focus efforts on 2.53.8 instead
Last edited by Snake4 on March 8th, 2021, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
frg

Post by frg »

> afaict, there wont be a 2.53.7 ,, it would of been out by now,

Snake4 Please just shut up when you have no clue. The 2.53.7b1 beta has been delayed because of some problems we wanted to track down first. It was done last week and should appear any day now. GA will follow shortly if nothing serious is reported against the beta. 2.53.8 will be the next release. Cycle has just started so don't expect a 2.53.8 beta in the next weeks. If you need an actual status you can check the meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings
I do them sually a few days after the meeting as time permits.

> - didn't they used to show some portion of the server info?

Didn't notice anything but never looked much at the tab titles either.. If you have some older screenshots I can check. Might indeed be fallout from the rdf cleanups. IanN is busy working on killking the old rdf code.
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

Thanks, f-r, yes, I didn't notice them much either... until they suddenly disappeared (we are often good change-detectors, usefully or otherwise). ;)

I actually found a screenshot I had sent to a theme maintainer 6 years ago [that shows the email client with tabs displaying server names]... but I would then need to figure out how the magic "blurring" tools are used that obscure PII stuff. :(

Seriously, what is displayed in each tab title is just

Inbox - <server-info>

... where <server-info> is exactly the contents of the per-server "Account Name:" field in the Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings dialog.

Example:

Inbox - Gmail POP Access

If you (or Ian) really still would like to see a screenshot, I will figure it out. :)
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

RDaneel wrote:... as in, the tabs for either my Office 365 or my GMail servers both just say "Inbox" - didn't they used to show some portion of the server info?
With the Inbox for my Comcast account selected in 2.53.6, the tab shows Inbox - (account name), with Comcast as the account name. I always change the Account Name in the account settings to just Comcast, so the tab shows Inbox - Comcast and not the whole email address. Account level in the Folder pane shows Comcast, not the email address.

Any folder selected shows the account name in the tab.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
frg

Post by frg »

Seems pre 2.53.7 showed message title folder and account. Now depending on what is select shows only one of them. So fi you have a message in a folder selected shows the message title and only folder selected the folder name.

Probably a regressions from all the rdf removal stuff. Happy if you file a bug and set me or IanN on cc.

FRG
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

All right, done:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1697313

... although as you will see, I didn't have a current template, so most of the fields are left blank (or are wrong) - but you are set on cc. ;)
frg

Post by frg »

Fixed it up yesterday and set IanN on cc. Thanks for filing it.
hardys

Post by hardys »

frg

Post by frg »

The release notes should appear soon. Should be mostly a smooth sailing and beta by name only if it does not crash after 10 seconds. Never did for me so relax :)
The release notes will appear soon. The only problem which might happen is, that the distributed extensions are disabled after the update. In this case just remove them of the button is there or just enable them again. If removed will appear after the next restart.

The problem discussed here is not fixed.
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

Thanks, f-r, it did indeed make it into Bill's next "2.53.8b1pre.en-US" build, so now my email tabs are back to their full server account-identifying glory! ;)