Latest 2.53.8b1pre missing tab bar controls

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
RDaneel

Latest 2.53.8b1pre missing tab bar controls

Post by RDaneel »

Please see

"Tabs bar missing right-end controls"
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1699634

... but with the latest Build by Bill(tm) from 20210318, we are now missing the controls for the tab bar (like close current tab, show all, etc).

This could just be some CSS issue, as the functionality still exists, it just isn't really visible, and requires "hunting around" with your pointing device to locate the "active areas".
TPR75

Re: Latest 2.53.8b1pre missing tab bar controls

Post by TPR75 »

RDaneel wrote:... but with the latest Build by Bill(tm) from 20210318, we are now missing the controls for the tab bar (like close current tab, show all, etc).
Works with SeaMonkey 2.53.8 beta 1 pre (Build identifier: 20210318210003) under Win7.
--
frg

Post by frg »

Bill is doing a new build right new. Should be fixed soon. Only occurs with the modern theme. I didn't notice when testing because using SeaTab X 2.

Snafu from https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1699322
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

Thanks, f-r, I realized I should have included a mention of the theme (yup, "Modern"), given the nature of the bug - but by then I was almost asleep. ;)

OTOH, I am awake now, and so I noticed something else "missing" from Modern: the controls for expanding/shrinking threads in Mail/News are missing also.

Will check in a newer Bill build, and if this wasn't magically fixed along with the tabs thing, I will open a bug. :p
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Just a note - the program doesn't care what image extension is used, just so long as the code matches the image name. For example an existing 'Reload.gif' can just be replace with a .png that is also named 'Reload.gif and the entire code left as it was.

This is useful if you suspect dependencies and don't have time to search for them (in the 50+ files they could be in) or if you're plain just in a hurry converting a default theme code base into a replacement theme base. Overlay themes (a method I've used since 2014) do not require this approach.

Useful to know these things, but of limited use here as there a multiple maintainers and by the time you've /*commented what you've done i.e. bg.png is actually a .jpg etc*/ for others, you might as well have find/replaced the code instances anyway.

But yeah, one of many tricks of the trade. :)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
hardys

Post by hardys »

new WG9s beta is out and the bug seems to be fixed :D
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

Indeed it does, and this also applies to the [same/related] Mail/News issue also (with the thread expansion/contraction arrows). :)
frg

Post by frg »

> Just a note - the program doesn't care what image extension is used, just so long as the code matches the image name. For example an existing 'Reload.gif' can just be replace with a .png that is also named 'Reload.gif and the entire code left as it was.

Yes I did this two years or three ago with a png impersonating an svg or so. No longer sure. But it is confusing as hell if you look at it from the outside :)
frg

Post by frg »

Thanks to IanN there is also a lot of ancient rdf code now removed from the mail-news part. Please test and report any odd errors.
frg

Post by frg »

Oh btw. version numbers are back in the add-on list pane so you can retire the version number add-on :)