SeaMonkey 2.53.9 βeta 1 has been released !!!

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
ElTxolo

SeaMonkey 2.53.9 βeta 1 has been released !!!

Post by ElTxolo »

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240317 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
ElTxolo

Re: SeaMonkey 2.53.9 βeta 1 has been released !!!

Post by ElTxolo »

SeaMonkey 2.53.9 Release Notes wrote: - What's New in SeaMonkey 2.53.9
  • There is now an option to clear browser history during shutdown bug 1621445
  • Image This change, causes the confirmation window, not to appear when closing SeaMonkey.

Is it possible to change it, and have the confirmation window appear as in all previous versions of SeaMonkey ...??

Cheers!! Image
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240317 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
frg

Post by frg »

> Is it possible to change it, and have the confirmation window appear as in all previous versions of SeaMonkey ...??

Not easy or it would have been retained. The old code was broken for history, partially for storage and a few new other items. The new clearing code needs to run at different times during shutdown. I retained the string for the button internally to make it maybe work again but currently I only have a vague idea to show a separate dialog before profile shutdown and no time to pursue it. Not sure even if it would work.
On the plus side you now have 2 sets of options. One for interactive clearing and one for shutdown. I personally set it to clear only cookies and storage during shutdown and use the dialog when i feel the need to blow something else away.
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

frg wrote:> Is it possible to change it, and have the confirmation window appear as in all previous versions of SeaMonkey ...??

Not easy or it would have been retained. The old code was broken for history, partially for storage and a few new other items. The new clearing code needs to run at different times during shutdown. I retained the string for the button internally to make it maybe work again but currently I only have a vague idea to show a separate dialog before profile shutdown and no time to pursue it. Not sure even if it would work.
On the plus side you now have 2 sets of options. One for interactive clearing and one for shutdown. I personally set it to clear only cookies and storage during shutdown and use the dialog when i feel the need to blow something else away.
  • Thank you, for your kind and detailed reply. Image

BTW, I would like to take advantage of this thread, to thank you, and all the other members of the SeaMonkey Council, for all your excellent work. Image

Cheers!!! Image

~
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

frg wrote:> Is it possible to change it, and have the confirmation window appear as in all previous versions of SeaMonkey ...??

frg,

Very nice, had not looked closely at memory uses, but good to know it was fixable. As for the interactive cleaning, I like that one a lot... is there an icon we can use with it to put it on the toolbar?

Just sayin'

Thanks much,

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome