2.53.16b1 pre language packs

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
frg

2.53.16b1 pre language packs

Post by frg »

If you use a language pack please test todays 2.53.16b1 pre for regressions. We switched them to the webextension format.

https://www.wg9s.com/comm-253/

And no we do not plan to discontinue classic add-ons :) Just done to align the build stuff with later versions. The language packs are just a different formt and unlike regular web extensions are not crippled.

FRG
TPR75

Re: 2.53.16b1 pre language packs

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:If you use a language pack please test todays 2.53.16b1 pre for regressions.
SeaMonkey 2.53.16b1 (Identyfikator kompilacji: 20221123220004)
Langpack Polish version (2022-11-23 22:00):
https://www.wg9s.com/comm-253/langpacks ... ngpack.xpi

Comparing to 2.53.15 release:
1) there are some English parts in Bookmarks menu and manager (Library),
2) Preferences -> Calendar -> Categories -> names are in English language.
3) Calendar: new event -> default names for Categories and Calendar are in English language.

Didn't find anything else.
frg

Post by frg »

Did you restart? On the fly is iffy. Tested de and it was ok for calendar. default bookmarks and the categories will probably not change because they come from a prefs file but that is something which might have applied previously too. Need to check for the categories.

Ok for the categories need to look into
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1481790
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1473294
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:Did you restart? On the fly is iffy.
Restarted to make reappear Toolbar Grippies (first I thought it was langpack problem). Restareted few times because too many instances was opened (release PL, release EN, .16b1 PL) and in hurry I was not sure what I was looking into (Preferences window). So, after restart it's all the same.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

TPR75 wrote: Comparing to 2.53.15 release:
1) there are some English parts in Bookmarks menu and manager (Library),
2) Preferences -> Calendar -> Categories -> names are in English language.
3) Calendar: new event -> default names for Categories and Calendar are in English language.

Didn't find anything else.
I missed one:
Preferences -> Mail & Newsgroups -> Tags
There are English language tags... and after using "Restore Defaults" button they're in Polish language (no need to restart).

"But wait! There is more!" :wink:
The same is for release version when langpack EN is used under SeaMonkey PL - Polish langauge and after restore English.

So, it's nothing new that can be connected to webextension...

frg

Post by frg »

The Calendar categories should switch with the next 11/27 or later builds. They won't snap back when you uninstall the language pack but the pref can be reset or they will all be reset if you remove all in the prefs gui. Something for later. I didn't see any problems with the bookmarks using the German language pack. There are some English translations like "Most visited" but this was always the case when you swltch languages. These come from bookmarks.extra and are only copied once when you install a new profile or blow away places.sqlite. I think also something which should be addressed eventually later.

On the bright side installing webext dictionaries now also work and do so already in the latest builds. So please test.

The prerelease builds set the pref for hiding the grippies to true. Exposed in the prefs Apperance panel and you can set them there to visible.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:The prerelease builds set the pref for hiding the grippies to true. Exposed in the prefs Apperance panel and you can set them there to visible.
Yes, I saw this option. That's why first restart was made. Because just enabling/disabling them is not enough - restart is required.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:The Calendar categories should switch with the next 11/27 or later builds.
[...]
On the bright side installing webext dictionaries now also work and do so already in the latest builds. So please test.
Categories works already but Tags for emails must be restored using button.

Webext dictionary works correct.