Free Download mgr plugin/extension problem

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
dfoulkes

Free Download mgr plugin/extension problem

Post by dfoulkes »

Just a note for those who use that program... I updated Firefox to version 39.0 and all my 4 profiles started up and worked OK...but then they all had problems closing. Using my minimal profile I found that the Free Download Extension (they call it a plugin) seems to be having an issue... I tested all of my profiles and they all somewhat crashed at closing ... not a real crash though... anyway, I disabled the FDM Extension in all of my profiles and the problem is gone... there are also a couple of posts on their board about it... but I know of no resolution yet.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
LoudNoise

Re: Free Download mgr plugin/extension problem

Post by LoudNoise »

I didn't find "Free Download Extension" at AMO so this is hardly news.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
therube

Post by therube »

Yes, certainly lacking information.

Free Download Manager
Looks like they include an extension (.xpi) containing "binary components" & at various times, with various versions of their Plugin (is that the same as "flash sniffer" ?) has caused issues.

Firefox 38.0.5 and 39 crashes on exit

FDM 3.9.6
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

LoudNoise wrote:I didn't find "Free Download Extension" at AMO so this is hardly news.

Never said it was on AMO ... it comes with FDM installs.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

therube wrote:Yes, certainly lacking information.

Free Download Manager
Looks like they include an extension (.xpi) containing "binary components" & at various times, with various versions of their Plugin (is that the same as "flash sniffer" ?) has caused issues.

Firefox 38.0.5 and 39 crashes on exit

FDM 3.9.6

Additional link on the FDM support board....
PLEASE put up all FDM and Firefox problems here! - Page 12 - http://www.freedownloadmanager.org

... and just a note... I never had any issues with FDM on Firefox version 38.0.5 ... just this latest version 39.

And just another little note ... my orig. post about this was just to let users here understand that it is not a Firefox problem but a FDM issue... did that so that users wouldn't plaster this board with questions about it and blame Firefox.