How do I save specific Cookies if I clear after session

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
cscj01

How do I save specific Cookies if I clear after session

Post by cscj01 »

I have Ubuntu 14.04 x64 and Firefox 46. There used to be a way to set certain websites so their cookies would not be cleared after the session ended when you have "Keep until" set to "I Close Firefox". I believe this was accomplished by using "Exceptions" and listing the web site as "Allow". This no longer seems to work. How do I do this now?
kreemoweet

Re: How do I save specific Cookies if I clear after session

Post by kreemoweet »

Why do you say the Cookie Exceptions no longer seems to work? With my FF 46, it appears and works exactly like it always has.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I'm wondering if the OP got into that Privacy area and in the Clear History when Firefox closes ... and checked the clear cookies? I'm not sure if that area overrides that other cookie protection area... or, maybe the OP has a cleanup app outside of Firefox... cleaning too much?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
cscj01

Post by cscj01 »

kreemoweet wrote:Why do you say the Cookie Exceptions no longer seems to work? With my FF 46, it appears and works exactly like it always has.
Because, if I have this set as I said, sites that need a second level of verification always ask me to re-register my computer, and I have to go through the exercise of getting an email with a code to continue. If I set "Keep until" to "they expire", I do not have to re-register.
dfoulkes wrote:I'm wondering if the OP got into that Privacy area and in the Clear History when Firefox closes ... and checked the clear cookies? I'm not sure if that area overrides that other cookie protection area... or, maybe the OP has a cleanup app outside of Firefox... cleaning too much?
No, I did not clear cookies manually from within Privacy>Clear history when Firefox closes>Settings>History>and checking Cookies. I also do not use a clean-up application external to Firefox to clean up any of Firefox's saved History. I do have applications that can do that (for example, Ubuntu Tweak is one), but I do not use them for cleaning up Firefox's environment.
kreemoweet

Post by kreemoweet »

Possibly the OP may not be entering exceptions for ALL the cookies set when he visits/logs in to the site in question ... could be from several domains.
Also possibly, OP's IP address may be changing in between visits, which may trigger the re-registration tiresomeness from website.

In any case, a close examination of cookies saved and sent in http headers (available from FF's Developer Tools > Network) may tell the tale.