Firefox Tabs ?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Texs

Firefox Tabs ?

Post by Texs »

I do not use Tabs in Firefox on General Tabs do I leave em uncheck since I do not use Tabs ?
smsmith

Re: Firefox Tabs ?

Post by smsmith »

If you want windows instead of tabs, do not check the box for "Open new windows in a new tab instead"
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Texs

Post by Texs »

smsmith I want windows instead of tabs, do not check the box for "Open new windows in a new tab instead" and the other two tabs do I leave unchecked
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I'm not sure what the effect would be if you checked the second but not the first. What the second does is, if a link opens a new tab, if the box is checked, the tab becomes the active tab. If it's not checked, the tab opens but does not become active. I have no idea what happens if the link opens a window, though, because I prefer tabs.

Same with the third box. If you have that checked and use tabs, if you hover the icon in the taskbar, you would see thumbnails of your open tabs. If you are using windows, Windows (the OS) handles it differently.

In short, they don't really apply if you are using windows instead of tabs.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Texs

Post by Texs »

smsmith got it ok