The most incompatible browser in the world

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Polorboy

The most incompatible browser in the world

Post by Polorboy »

Is that the intention with the recent updates? It has literally become unusable. It was, and I emphasize was my goto browser for years. Now I can't use it because literally nothing works. I have been either going to Chrome or IE/Edge, and honestly even Edge works a hell of a lot better that Firefox currently is. Most importantly, I can use Java and Javascript! I used to use Firefox at work but now we use anything but Firefox. It simply doesn't work anymore. Webex meetings just crash, installing add-ons don't work anymore (for browser based VPN connections), even loading simple web pages just crash but loading them in any other browser they are perfectly fine. Great job ruining a perfectly good browser with stupid updates.
trolly

Re: The most incompatible browser in the world

Post by trolly »

Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Polorboy

Post by Polorboy »

Ok, so I still can't bring up that it has been really bad lately? Also, I am going to say it is possible that the occasional employee of Mozilla might actually read these forums since they direct people to this site from their "official" support page.
Polorboy

Post by Polorboy »

Well, I posted "question" to their "Official"... method? I don't even know what to call that "official" way of doing it. I highly doubt anyone will read, let alone respond, what I asked. It seems that method of submitting a question/concern is setup so that they can ignore it at their leisure and take zero responsibility for their product.
kreemoweet

Post by kreemoweet »

Strange, my Firefox works just about perfectly, and always has. But whatever, just ask for your money back, I'm sure Mozilla will oblige.
James

Post by James »

Polorboy wrote:Ok, so I still can't bring up that it has been really bad lately? Also, I am going to say it is possible that the occasional employee of Mozilla might actually read these forums since they direct people to this site from their "official" support page.
Polorboy wrote:Well, I posted "question" to their "Official"... method? I don't even know what to call that "official" way of doing it. I highly doubt anyone will read, let alone respond, what I asked. It seems that method of submitting a question/concern is setup so that they can ignore it at their leisure and take zero responsibility for their product.
Not sure where you were looking as Mozilla does not mention this place as a official place to get Firefox support but as a additional place to get support. Mozilla's official support place is at support.mozilla.org where there is a support forum and knowledge base as Mozilla has not really made use of this mozillaZine forum since 2007.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Polorboy
Just curious here... have you tried your Firefox in safe-mode to see what happens...

Try running Firefox in safe-mode... NOTE: This is a testing procedure only ... NOT for normal browsing.
-- On the menu bar, click the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled....
Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog. Click continue in Safe Mode and don't check any items.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while Single/Double clicking on the icon.
* (option key while starting Firefox on Mac).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>What safe-mode does ..... Safe Mode temporarily affects the following:
* All extensions are disabled. --- * The userChrome.css and userContent.css files are ignored.
* The default theme is used, without a persona. --- * The default toolbar layout is used.
* The Just-in-time (JIT) JavaScript compiler is disabled. --- * Hardware acceleration is disabled.

-- Safe Mode has no effect on the following --
* The status of plugins is not affected.
* Custom preferences are not affected.

This is the link to the main KB article for Safe-Mode ... but, use the above info 1st...
Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
efox99

Post by efox99 »

Polorboy wrote:It simply doesn't work anymore.
I'm currently on Firefox 53. I only use 3 addons: BetterPrivacy, NoScript, and uBlock Origin.

My Firefox runs smooth, it only crashes when tons of GIFS are present. Chrome for some reason handles that better.

I also have google Chrome but rarely use it.

I personally think that there should be limits on how many addons/extensions one can use.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Polorboy, FF53 works fine for me with two different profiles. One has no extensions and the other has 33. It works on both my Mac and my WIN VM. Do to your lack of specifics and the inaccurate statement noted by James I suspect you may be a troll.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Seems that lots of people (trolls??) like to post with complaints ...not only here but all over the World... Just some info about my main profile...

It started with version 3.0beta and it is the same one... over time I've installed extensions of course... and I currently have 30 (can't live without)... and I think that the last time this profile crashed was something like 3+ years ago... maybe longer.

After reading thousands of problem-posts on this board I've come to the conclusion (for a ton of those posts) that the user(s) abuse their browser(s) and use them like I used to use my 54 Ford... or my 65 Mustang ...(wish I still had them :cry: ) you know... raced around, used all that fuel... and then wonder why my tranny broke or why I was spending so much on gas... you know... when we were younger... or was that yesterday??? ... anyway, my rant (kind of) is finished now... Firefox is very good!!! if you work with it... know what I mean?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

efox99 wrote:I personally think that there should be limits on how many addons/extensions one can use.
You'll have to pry my 43 extensions from my cold, dead hands ... :mrgreen:
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Vitesse wrote:
efox99 wrote:I personally think that there should be limits on how many addons/extensions one can use.
You'll have to pry my 43 extensions from my cold, dead hands ... :mrgreen:
That will happen with FF57 :x

mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

Sad, but true ... suppose i may need to look at Seamonkey ...
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Vitesse wrote:Sad, but true ... suppose i may need to look at Seamonkey ...
I'm already on SM. However, future there is also not clear.