Forced TLS in latest browser

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
boreduser

Forced TLS in latest browser

Post by boreduser »

Now I am not against increasing security, and I am not against anybody trying to protect the end-user against the identity theft but _P.L.E.A.S.E_ if you are going to FORCE TLS onto us at least use a FAST PROXY!!! Ten seconds to negotiate a TLS handshake _BEFORE_ loading the page header BEFORE loading the page is bl**dy ridiculous!

Identity theft is serious and a concern for a lot of people but come on, I got free VPN software that doesn't act this slow!

I have disabled this ludicrous enforcement in my browser due to the handshake response time being slower than a zx80 trying to play Witcher 3! And how do we know the TLS proxy is safe? Not every site uses TLS at their end so data is exposed somewhere along the line unless the destination website actually understands TLS! Which brings us back to the proxy speed again!

Whatever!
Frank Lion

Re: Forced TLS in latest browser

Post by Frank Lion »

boreduser wrote:Whatever!
Thanks for sharing.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
pompsteve

Post by pompsteve »

boreduser wrote:Now I am not against increasing security, and I am not against anybody trying to protect the end-user against the identity theft but _P.L.E.A.S.E_ if you are going to FORCE TLS onto us at least use a FAST PROXY!!! Ten seconds to negotiate a TLS handshake _BEFORE_ loading the page header BEFORE loading the page is bl**dy ridiculous!

Identity theft is serious and a concern for a lot of people but come on, I got free VPN software that doesn't act this slow!

I have disabled this ludicrous enforcement in my browser due to the handshake response time being slower than a zx80 trying to play Witcher 3! And how do we know the TLS proxy is safe? Not every site uses TLS at their end so data is exposed somewhere along the line unless the destination website actually understands TLS! Which brings us back to the proxy speed again!

Whatever!
How did you disable the TLS? Did you use about:config?
Many here are having same problem with TLS hangs/loops.
Would be a great help to many here if you could tell the specifics on how you disabled TLS HANDSHAKE.
Thanks
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Haven't experienced any delay of this type ; the TLS notice shows every time.
Page loads are in a blink and it could be your ISP, your system, a large number of tabs open or maybe some extensions.
Seems counterproductive to disable TLS, IMO
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

why dont you stay in your own thread and read links and possible solutions?
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3032547