Saved Logins

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Oomingmak

Saved Logins

Post by Oomingmak »

For years now I have been annoyed by the way that saved logins are handled across different web sites. I don't know whether this is standard behaviour or not, so I thought I'd ask here.

I find that whenever I am on a particular site that I need to login to (e.g. a forum) if I start typing into the username/email login form field, a whole load of other login usernames are displayed, even though they were never typed on the particular site that I am currently logging into. This causes confusion, especially if you've used the same username on more than one site, because now there are multiple identical-looking entries in the form field droplist, and you don't know which one is the correct one for the site that you're on.

Why aren't only usernames that were previously entered on the current page/url shown in the form field history droplist, instead of showing every other username that you've typed on a bunch of totally unrelated web sites?

Is there some way to have login form history only display usernames that were entered on the current page, either by adjusting a setting somewhere, or maybe by using an extension?

The few "form" add-ons that I have seen so far have been incredibly bloated complex overkill, focusing on full-scale form automation, and none of them mention any feature about simply restricting displayed previous-logins to only those ones that were typed on the current page or site.
xanthon

Re: Saved Logins

Post by xanthon »

I don't know whether there's an add-on. You can delete "Form & Search History".