How to stop sync from ruining urlbar results?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
avada

How to stop sync from ruining urlbar results?

Post by avada »

Hi!

Ever since upgrading to 95 (jumping several version) sync is ruining my urlbar results.

It overwrites local results. Removes url and shows "Firefox here: <device>" It also removes the favicons. Taking away the main identifying factors for results. All in all this became extremely horrible.

How can I change this? Either remove sync from urlbar (I only use the synced tabs via the sidebar).
Or restore how it functioned previously. Which I'm not sure how it did, but since I only rarely saw sync results I guess FF only added items not available locally to the results. Anyway, it didn't interfere with my browsing at all.
Grumpus

Re: How to stop sync from ruining urlbar results?

Post by Grumpus »

Couple of thoughts:
You could remove sync from function entirely or you could look at the sync items in about:config.
Making sure you keep notes, with pencil and paper, change settings in the sync items.
There is one sync item which will not show up identity.fxaccounts.enabled this turns sync on or off (T or F)
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
avada

Re: How to stop sync from ruining urlbar results?

Post by avada »

Meanwhile one Mozilla dev implemented a switch to turn-off synced tabs from appearing in the URLbar. So that is essentially a fix, as long as you don't want any sync items at all.