Phoenix/Linux + X Widget Toolkits

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
eu/NEKE

Phoenix/Linux + X Widget Toolkits

Post by eu/NEKE »

I use phoenix in winXP on the rare occasions that I boot into that operating system. It's all good, the widgets (i.e. scrollbars, buttons, etc) all match my main system's widgets.

On linux, it's another story...

I'm a dedicated KDE user, and as such would like to run phoenix using the QT toolkit. Is this possible in any way? The GTK layout is starting to annoy me... it really doesn't fit in with the rest of my systm.

For that matter, what Widget Toolkits can I compile phoenix with? The following are included in mozilla, here are my 'experiences' with phoenix though:
* GTK-1 is the default
* GTK-2 compiles but crashes at startup
* QT won't compile
* XLib? Why bother :? I'm not even going to try

Anyone know of any others? Anyone know how to get QT to work?
luci

Re: Phoenix/Linux + X Widget Toolkits

Post by luci »

eu/NEKE wrote:I'm a dedicated KDE user, and as such would like to run phoenix using the QT toolkit. Is this possible in any way? The GTK layout is starting to annoy me... it really doesn't fit in with the rest of my systm.

if u do like Keramik, give this a try:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=3952
:.. :.: ::: :
asa

Post by asa »

eu/NEKE wrote:I use phoenix in winXP on the rare occasions that I boot into that operating system. It's all good, the widgets (i.e. scrollbars, buttons, etc) all match my main system's widgets.

On linux, it's another story...

I'm a dedicated KDE user, and as such would like to run phoenix using the QT toolkit. Is this possible in any way? The GTK layout is starting to annoy me... it really doesn't fit in with the rest of my systm.

For that matter, what Widget Toolkits can I compile phoenix with? The following are included in mozilla, here are my 'experiences' with phoenix though:
* GTK-1 is the default
* GTK-2 compiles but crashes at startup
* QT won't compile
* XLib? Why bother :? I'm not even going to try

Anyone know of any others? Anyone know how to get QT to work?

QT used to work. No one cared about it and the code rotted. If you're a QT hacker then you could certainly revive that code (although I think it's all about to be removed so you might have to build off of an older CVS tag).

--Asa
"You'd PAY to know what you REALLY think." --Dobbs 1961
eu/NEKE

Post by eu/NEKE »

luci wrote:if u do like Keramik, give this a try:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=3952

Well actually I don't, I'm using Mosfet's Liquid... but thanks for the link anyway, I didn't realise they had gtk+ themes there.

Now I've got a gtk+ liquid theme and all looks good :D