Phoenix 0.5

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
badboy

Phoenix 0.5

Post by badboy »

This is my first post. :D
Phoenix 0.4 is good. I expect Phoenix 0.5 to be far better. But when? I am getting impatient. The roadmap says sometime in November!
I am aware of the nightly builds. But I prefer milestone releases.
Congratulations to the Phoenix team. Great job guys!

--- badboy
old momokatte

Re: Phoenix 0.5

Post by old momokatte »

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/ wrote:Because the project is small and tightly managed, bugs targeted to a particular milestone generally will be fixed by that milestone. In fact, our milestone releases are bug-driven, not date-driven.
djst

Re: Phoenix 0.5

Post by djst »

badboy wrote:This is my first post. :D
Phoenix 0.4 is good. I expect Phoenix 0.5 to be far better. But when? I am getting impatient. The roadmap says sometime in November!
I am aware of the nightly builds. But I prefer milestone releases.
Congratulations to the Phoenix team. Great job guys!

--- badboy

According to the <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/phoenix-roadmap.html">Phoenix Roadmap</a>, there's only 5 bugs left before 0.5 is ready for release, and none of them seems to be that hard to fix either. I remember that the developers said they wanted to decide which default theme and icon to use too, and I guess that could take some more time.

Anyway, I recommend you just download the latest nightly. The latest nightly is a much better browser than 0.4.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Hmm, did a bunch of bugs just get retargeted to 0.6?

Not that I mind, because current nighlies are a lot better then current milestone so people shouldn't use 0.4Milestone anyway :)
djst

Post by djst »

Stefan wrote:Hmm, did a bunch of bugs just get retargeted to 0.6?

Not that I mind, because current nighlies are a lot better then current milestone so people shouldn't use 0.4Milestone anyway :)

I think they were pushed to 0.6 because Blake's currently the only one working on Phoenix. I guess he don't want to wait until Hyatt et al. gets time to fix their bugs. But that is just a guess.