spel chekr

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
lynchknot

spel chekr

Post by lynchknot »

I ran a search here for spell checker, one result for the topic came up for Mozilla. Is there a spell checker that will work with Phoenix?
David James

Re: spel chekr

Post by David James »

lynchknot wrote:I ran a search here for spell checker, one result for the topic came up for Mozilla. Is there a spell checker that will work with Phoenix?

Maybe I missed something along the way ... but why would a pure browser require a spellchecker? Unless for typing in to forums like this?
Pinball-Firefox maintainer.
http://david.jamesnet.ca/
Debian Sid, KDE 3.3
Kommet

Links and Details

Post by Kommet »

lynchknot - If you search by "spell" or "spell check" instead of "spell checker" you will get more hits on the forums. In fact, in this thread the topis was brought up in a Phoenix forum, albeit with no meaningful resolution.

David James - Plenty of people want this feature. In fact, there have been 31 votes for the two incarnations of this request, and the two related requests have been duped 6 times between them. Your guess was correct, the point would be to spellcheck either form TEXTAREAs or entire forms (all fields).

All - The request to spellcheck a single TEXTAREA is <a href="show_bug.cgi?id=23421" title="ASSIGNED - SpellCheck focused text form elements">Bug 23421</a>, but the original RFE to spellcheck an entire form is <a href="show_bug.cgi?id=16409" title="ASSIGNED - invoke spell check in browser window (multiple form fields)">Bug 16409</a>, which now depends on Bug 23421. Each of these in turn depends on <a href="show_bug.cgi?id=129704" title="NEW - SpellChecker Interface Redesign">Bug 129704</a>, which is a redesign of the spellchecker interface.

For the record, I agree with views expressed in other threads that a Phoenix form spellchecker would be better as an extension, once the Mozilla spellchecker gets finished (of course). Also for the record, I blame all misspellings in this and other posts on the lack of a form field spellchecker in Mozilla and Phoenix, coupled with my own inate laziness. ;-)
erikf

Re: spel chekr

Post by erikf »

lynchknot wrote:I ran a search here for spell checker, one result for the topic came up for Mozilla. Is there a spell checker that will work with Phoenix?

Until there is one built in you may visit http://www.spellcheck.net/
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

Thanks for the spell check link erikf, but it would be just as easy to hit Word off my quicklaunch and CCP text and run spell check. I was thinking of something like IE spell that would run off a highlight - right click.