password manager?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
kromatic

password manager?

Post by kromatic »

how can i edit some of the password that phoenix got saved on my pc?
sometimes when i got to a website. a windows pops up asking me if i would like to log in with that name and password.i have found it alittle annoying.....how can i change or undo my settings???????

also phoenix alway save my bookmarts. how can i reset phoenix so its like the first time i ever intalled it.??????
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

When Satchel (the new combined form/password manager for Phoenix) is ready I'm sure there will be a UI for this. Until then, you should be able to access your passwords with the following hack: Paste [url=chrome://communicator/content/pref/pref.xul]this[/url] into a new tab and go to "Privacy & Security > Passwords". No guarantee that this works though, it may even crash your browser, so be prepared.
mozDude

note

Post by mozDude »

Make sure you open it in a new tab or new window...because clicking "OK" will close the tab/window in which it is open.
Paula

Post by Paula »

With [url=chrome://communicator/content/pref/pref.xul]this[/url] I went go to this advanced Preferences Panel. (the chrome... pref.xul)
I tried to enable Password encryption and to create an masterpassword, but my settings were not stored. Is there no possibility for storing Passwords encrypted in Phoenix?
If it's possible, where I can change those preferences in the js-Files?
Last edited by Paula on November 7th, 2002, 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
"If there's nothing wrong with me... maybe there's something wrong with the universe!"
pviton

Post by pviton »

laszlo wrote:When Satchel (the new combined form/password manager for Phoenix) is ready I'm sure there will be a UI for this. Until then, you should be able to access your passwords with the following hack: Paste [url=chrome://communicator/content/pref/pref.xul]this[/url] into a new tab and go to "Privacy & Security > Passwords". No guarantee that this works though, it may even crash your browser, so be prepared.

I tired this; and I got an advanced Preferences *contents* in the left-hand frame of the page; but no data in the right-hand frame, for anything. Ddid I do something wrong, or is there a bug in the code as posted?