Net Reset Error driving me nuts!!

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Kolpath

Panda Antivirus Products & Net Reset Error

Post by Kolpath »

Great to see there's a fix for this. I believe this is a pretty common problem for Panda users. I had the same thing after installing Panda Titanium AntiVirus. The LSPfix app resolved the Net Reset Error without even having to reboot.

If there's an FAQ for Firefox, perhaps something like this is worth putting in there.? I know it would stop a lot of people going around in circles trying to figure out what caused the issue.
Cheers!
paperboy

Post by paperboy »

Thanks for the fix! Been driving me crazy too... Panda user. ;)
techguy

Net reset error NOT fixed!

Post by techguy »

Hey guys the fix you were discussing only removes the pavlsp.dll file from winsock. Yes, the error goes away at this point, but when you reinstall panda, the pavlsp.dll file is put back and the error returns. If you leave the pavlsp.dll file out (don't reinstall panda), panda continues to run, but it seems to me that some functionality will be disabled. I don't know what yet. I haven't been able to find out what exactly "pavlsp.dll" does.
Panda does have a hotfix out for this exact problem, but it is only for titanium antivirus 2004. I have panda internet security 2004 which this hotfix does not work on. So they only have a fix for 1 of the 3 antivirus apps they sell. That's some fix!
I guess we will have to keep working on this one. Has anyone tried just excluding firefox from being scanned by panda. I had to do this with 1 or 2 files in Opera browser to solve a slow loading problem.
Thera

Re: Net reset error NOT fixed!

Post by Thera »

techguy wrote:Panda does have a hotfix out for this exact problem, but it is only for titanium antivirus 2004. I have panda internet security 2004 which this hotfix does not work on. So they only have a fix for 1 of the 3 antivirus apps they sell. That's some fix!

Email Panda tech support with your issue. As you can see that's what helped us with the Panda Titanium 2004 fix. Since you have different software you may have to ask Panda yourself.
thirdrockphoto

No Panda here

Post by thirdrockphoto »

I have no Panda. I am using a Mac and I get this message. It happens when I am trying to load an intense page such as a financial account that is loaded with scripting to slow it down. I think what you guys are getting out of Panda is some inadvertent change to the about:config settings that changes the timeout for this message in Firefox. I had a different message before this started but I got rid of it by hacking the about:config settings. It seems to have then allowed longer timeout before the "Net Reset Error" message. Now I need an about:config hack to get the Net Reset Error to stay away. Ultimately, I need broadband. That would probably get rid of ,ost of these timeout messages.
Atribune

Post by Atribune »

PAVLSP.DLL is more then likely the email scanner portion of the antivirus. Leaving it removed means your email scanner probably wont work
thirdrockphoto

Post by thirdrockphoto »

No Panda here. I'm using Mac OS-X. This message "Net reset error, document contains no data" or any similar message means the network isn't networking, that's all. If it comes up immediately, it means there is no page found at that address. If it comes after quite a bit of hesitation, it may be a timeout. For some users, it may be a Panda thing. For others (perhaps me), it may be a poor proxy setup. If you open another browser and get similar messages from the same URLs, you will confirm it is not a Firefox issue. But if other browsers load the same URLs fine, you will know it is something about the timeout of Firefox. There are at least three different types of timeouts I have seen mentioned in this forum. Maybe a moderrator can tell us how to set all of them to at least 60 seconds.