HELP us with the Release Notes!

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
slippytoad

Post by slippytoad »

Bug 258285 is a really annoying one that prevents people from entering data into forms because the "find as you type" dialog keeps invoking and taking over the focus.
Kel-nage

Post by Kel-nage »

Filipp0s wrote:If I have understood correctly, Ben asks for worthy of mention bugs that have already been FIXED.

That's what I thought. Why on earth would you want to add to release notes bugs that haven't been fixed? That's not what release notes are for.

This thread is asking for fixed bugs that were important to you, from how I see it.
prandal

Post by prandal »

Kel-nage wrote:
Filipp0s wrote:If I have understood correctly, Ben asks for worthy of mention bugs that have already been FIXED.

That's what I thought. Why on earth would you want to add to release notes bugs that haven't been fixed? That's not what release notes are for.

This thread is asking for fixed bugs that were important to you, from how I see it.

If you look at previous release notes, you'll see they have both, so chill out folks.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

What's New since the Preview Release:
* Firefox is now available in over 20 languages.
* Several security holes were fixed. We recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this release.

Changes You Should Be Aware Of:
* On Linux, Firefox now follows GTK's setting for textbox keybindings, so pressing Ctrl+letters triggers application shortcuts instead of readline-like text-editing shortcuts. For details, see http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?t ... s_(Firefox) .
michaell522

Post by michaell522 »

I was kind of assuming that there would be a link to http://www.squarefree.com/burningedge/releases/1.0.html as in previous releases, so in terms of listing fixed bugs, Jesse's already done the work :) (although that'll need an update because the tab prefs are hidden now...)
rfrangioni77

Post by rfrangioni77 »

Kel-nage wrote:That's what I thought. Why on earth would you want to add to release notes bugs that haven't been fixed?

So there's no surprises. So more people won't run into a known issue and come here bitching about it...enough people do that anyway. There's simply no good reason to NOT let users know about issues that the development team is already aware of.