Launching new windows in tabs

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
nrmx

Launching new windows in tabs

Post by nrmx »

is there anyway to get pheonix to automaticaly launch a new window in a new tab? Lets say for exapmle I click on a link and it opens up another window with the new page in it. Can that new page be opened up in a tab instead?

Also, right now I am using Mozilla mail as my mail client. How can I make the links clicked in mozilla mail to launch in Pheonix.
laszlo

Re: Launching new windows in tabs

Post by laszlo »

nrmx wrote:is there anyway to get pheonix to automaticaly launch a new window in a new tab? Lets say for exapmle I click on a link and it opens up another window with the new page in it. Can that new page be opened up in a tab instead?

The Tabbrowser Extensions give you this and more.
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

laszlo wrote:
nrmx wrote:is there anyway to get pheonix to automaticaly launch a new window in a new tab? Lets say for exapmle I click on a link and it opens up another window with the new page in it. Can that new page be opened up in a tab instead?

This is definitely a FAQ
HelzBelz

Post by HelzBelz »

laszlo wrote:

So does "middle clicking" a link... (on a wheel mouse, click the wheel...) I get a new tab opened in the background.

;)

Phoenix 0.4 on a Mandrake 9.0 workstation.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

HelzBelz wrote:
laszlo wrote:

So does "middle clicking" a link... (on a wheel mouse, click the wheel...) I get a new tab opened in the background.

;)

Phoenix 0.4 on a Mandrake 9.0 workstation.

Really? Never had thought of this before... this must be what the pref panel option "Open a tab when middle-clicking a link in a Web page" means. :wink:

The question was how to make links open in a new tab automatically that would otherwise go into a new window (target="_blank"), which is not possible with plain Phoenix.