Phoenix problems while trying to set it as a default browser

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
wh1t3d3m0n

Phoenix problems while trying to set it as a default browser

Post by wh1t3d3m0n »

I have a problem and it is relat4ed to when i try to make phoenix a default browser... whenever i try to phoenix crashes and never is able to make it default.... So i'm stuck with evil IE... anyone have this problem? Any way to set it manually? TIA
johnh123

Post by johnh123 »

I have a similar problem- I'm unable to make it my default browser using xp- any ideas?
flii

Post by flii »

whitedemon, i can explain to you how to manually change your defaults (on windows) to have phoenix be your default. hopefully this doesn't confuse the heck out of you. ;)

- open a folder, any folder, as long as it's a folder.
- click on tools -> folder options -> file types (tab)
- scroll down the list til you see "htm" and "html" and click on one
- a - hopefully the "change" button will work to change the app that opens these files. if so, that should do it and skip the rest of this. if not, go to step b and continue on
- b - click on the advanced button
- click on the "open" option in the "actions" box.
- click the "edit" button to the right
- on the application text box, click the "browse" button next to it
- follow the folders til you locate your phoenix.exe file, and hit ok
- keep hitting ok on all the windows til you get back to your folder

you might have to do this for both the "html" and "htm" files, though my os (winme) seems to make them both the same. hopefully that fixed your prob. :( it's the best i can do, because i don't know what's wrong with your default button.
JediJawa

Works

Post by JediJawa »

On XP Pro SP1 using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021207 Phoenix/0.5 (nightly from 0.5 release)

Both Phoenix asking to be default and click "Set Default Browser" in the prefs works just fine.