Advertisement in the official FF 1.0 de-DE! Officially? Why?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
bmfan77

mediaplex.com

Post by bmfan77 »

so how long are we suposed to wait for this statment ?
sergio eduardo
Folder@Home

Post by sergio eduardo »

No idea but I am here...
sergio
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

This is not "the statement", but here's some preliminary information:
The logging is already gone. And we'll get rid of webtip.ch altogether soon.
esavior

Post by esavior »

Steffen wrote:This is not "the statement", but here's some preliminary information:

Thats good to hear. Atleast this whole mess is going to have a good ending. I bet it wont be till wendsday before we get a statement tho.
Mindjunk
I didn't hear no bell...
Umko

Post by Umko »

esavior wrote:
Steffen wrote:This is not "the statement", but here's some preliminary information:

Thats good to hear. Atleast this whole mess is going to have a good ending. I bet it wont be till wendsday before we get a statement tho.

that's certainly good news!

but i sure hope to get a statement on the whole policy of the mozilla foundation concerning the search bar contracts with commercial entities.

and this has nothing to do with firefox germany.
bcool

Post by bcool »

Shadow3333 wrote:madness I say complete and utter madness.

So this is what mass hysteria feels like? Reminds me of the screaming crowds from one of our old 1950 SCIFI movies. I sure hope Mozilla clears up this stink right away.
Never let them see you sweat
sergio eduardo
Folder@Home

Post by sergio eduardo »

It is not mass hysteria ( caused by fear , by the way ) . Overall reactions have been quite civilized in this forum but when talking about clearing things up I do certainly hope Mozilla cleans its own act as well as the present mess . I repeat , this is not a storm in a tea cup . It was a clear cut decision coming from the top management of Mozilla Foundation . I don't have a leg to stand on but please explain ...
yours sergio
KrisM2

Post by KrisM2 »

bcool wrote:So this is what mass hysteria feels like? Reminds me of the screaming crowds from one of our old 1950 SCIFI movies.

Exactly! Had to smile at that one, even though this whole thread is deadly serious...
Kristi
-- ThinkPad P15s-Gen1-20T4-002KUS, i7-10510U, UEFI/GPT, 16GB, Sammy 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2.
- others -
-laserjets: HP M254dw color, HP P1606dn. Epson Perfection 2480 flatbed scanner -
Umko

Post by Umko »

why istn't there a mozilla official that posts here and informs us when the official statement will come, so that we can look forward to it and be more at ease.

i think it's in everyone's interest.
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

Some of the guys involved are enjoying a Firefox 1.0 party right now :)

But I was told that the editorial deadline of the premier German IT mag c't is on Monday, so I'd expect the statement on Monday at the latest.
hotel porkpie

Post by hotel porkpie »

Outrageous hypocrisy by Mozilla. This amazes me. It's like one of those politicians preaching about family values one moment and caught down an alley with a slinky prozzer the next.

Delaying this notorious statement is another shoddy move. Hoping everyone will forget or just get bored? It won't happen.

Well, Firefox, your dirty little secret is out. What percentage of users will EVER trust these hypocrites again?

Great browser, but if you're going to pontificate as deafeningly and self-righteously and never-endingly as pure-pure-pure-as-the-driven-snow mozilla, my god you'd better practise what you preach. Great browser, but not so different after all.
Gingerbread_Man

Post by Gingerbread_Man »

hotel porkpie wrote:Well, Firefox, your dirty little secret is out. What percentage of users will EVER trust these hypocrites again?

Excuse me while I roll my eyes :roll: I'd like to point out a few things:

- This only affects the German version of Firefox
- Firefox itself never spied on anyone
- The search plugin was allegedly supplied by eBay.de
- The site doing the datamining is an eBay.de partner
- A member of the German Moz team has already posted here admitting this was a mistake
Gingerbread Man's posts, 2004-10-06 through 2005-08-12.
hotel porkpie

Post by hotel porkpie »

Excuse me while I roll my eyes Rolling Eyes I'd like to point out a few things:

- This only affects the German version of Firefox
- Firefox itself never spied on anyone
- The search plugin was allegedly supplied by eBay.de
- The site doing the datamining is an eBay.de partner
- A member of the German Moz team has already posted here admitting this was a mistake

Sounds familiar. Just the usual politician patter.

But the fact is, a version of firefox, which brags until the cows come home about being free of spyware, shipped with spyware. Split any hairs you like trying to defend it, but this is pure, clear, blatant, smelly, brown, fly-hopped hypocrisy. Next time some Mozilla mandarin pontificates about spyware, will anyone be able to take him seriously?
MechR

Post by MechR »

Damn, but you're cynical. Oh well, welcome to the boards...
rfrangioni77

Post by rfrangioni77 »

hotel porkpie wrote:Sounds familiar. Just the usual politician patter.

Yeah, never mind it's all true.

But by all means, please don't let facts get in the way of your aimless rant. The ignorance and uber-sensationalism of it is rather amusing, actually.

hotel porkpie wrote:Next time some Mozilla mandarin pontificates about spyware, will anyone be able to take him seriously?

Yes, I will, because I don't use the German version.