Phoenix based off 1.0.X

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

XF wrote:I'm using only milstones just because I don't like downloading something without knowing if it's going to work right or not...

That is not a logical standpoint becuse (as have already bee pointed out) there is no extra stability/feature testing done on a Milestone vs a Nightly currently with Phoenix.

A Phoenix milestone is just the "random" nightly when the bugs targeted for the milestone are fixed.

Eg there are some highly annoying and visable bugs in 0.4 that is neigher persent in versions a few days before or after 0.4, depending on a feature beeing broken on mozilla trunk just when 0.4 came out.
../frank

Post by ../frank »

XF wrote:I'm using only milstones just because I don't like downloading something without knowing if it's going to work right or not...

Adding to what Stefan said.

It's pretty easy to rename the main directory your milestone release is in, unzip the nightly, create a new profile, adjust your config files and start flying with the nightly. If you don't like it, it's trivial to go back to the milestone.

I keep all my non-default preferences in user.js to make it easier.
../frank
My avatar cat, Mr. Gary Gray, passed away on 17 Oct 2013. RIP Gary! :cry:
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

Gotcha...
So, changing the point of view, what I was trying to say is that even nightly Phoenix builds seem to me to be more stable than nightly Mozilla's and any other "stable" browser out there... :D
..::XF::..