The future of Firefox - Themes/Personas, Extensions/Jetpack

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
DonGato

Re: The future of Firefox - Themes/Personas, Extensions/Jetpack

Post by DonGato »

Funny, I reverted to 3.5.7 as 3.6 didn't give anything worth the trouble. And I plan to stay with this version for long. Maybe I will skip 3.7 as well and do the switch to Chrome when is mature and has many extensions.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

What "troubles" are you seeing? Have you checked with the support pages or the forums for what you are having trouble with? Are all your add-ons, if you have any, formally and officially compatible with Fx 3.6? Do you have add-ons installed that you no longer need or use?
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Everything I run works beautifully on 3.6.... and in testing most of it works beautifully on 3.7 so far as well.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Everything I run works beautifully on 3.6.... and in testing most of it works beautifully on 3.7 so far as well.

I currently use the Firebird theme discussed elsewhere in the Themes forum on Minefield. I have Strata40 installed, but kind of don't like the tab bar bug where once tabs expand far enough to exceed the browser window width, the tab bar grows a few pixels in height.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
patrickjdempsey

WildcatRay wrote:I have Strata40 installed, but kind of don't like the tab bar bug where once tabs expand far enough to exceed the browser window width, the tab bar grows a few pixels in height.

That's usually caused by the margins on the overflow autoscroll buttons... shouldn't be a difficult fix.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

patrickjdempsey wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:I have Strata40 installed, but kind of don't like the tab bar bug where once tabs expand far enough to exceed the browser window width, the tab bar grows a few pixels in height.

That's usually caused by the margins on the overflow autoscroll buttons... shouldn't be a difficult fix.

A new version just rolled out. I have not yet had a chance to test it, though.
Ray

Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2010/03/ ... -personas/
http://jboriss.wordpress.com/2010/03/04 ... s-manager/

Hoo boy. Yes, this is a necropost. But I didn't want to make a duplicate topic either. Anyways...

1) Personas the extension will be called Personas Plus. Plus will shift development to enhance Firefox 3.6's built-in Personas.
2) Existing creations for Personas will be moved to AMO hosting from the Get Personas website.
3) As part of planned Add-ons Manager redesign, there are a couple of mockup suggestions showing possible layouts of the Themes and Personas pane.
patrickjdempsey

The extension has been called Personas Plus for some time now... several months if memory serves and it does make it easier to talk about with people, lol.

The mockups looks promising, especially the second version that has clearly labeled selections "Theme" and "Backgrounds".... and that in itself is a very nice direction... clarifying the the use of the world Theme and not muddling it up. The sidebar menu doesn't make much sense... I'm assuming the "Themes" section is the one that should be highlighted. And I like that it has unity with the AMO layout... even if that means we all need to redesign our preview.png files to be 100x100px instead of 200x250px.

I'm wondering if Personas are going to appear on the Recommended list, and if they are, can we solicit AMO to get Themes put back up there as well?