0.6.1 candidate builds available

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

Someone should write a tutorial on how to make those lizard heads. The blue one looks strangely iMac-ish.
jrobbio

Post by jrobbio »

pippo wrote:http://www.tiscali.it - (one of the biggest italian and european ISP)
Sometimes looks ok, but sometimes has the center column blank. Try hitting reload one or two times and I think you will be able to reproduce the problem....

Bye

Yes I see the blank middle part on first attempt. If you do a shift reload, it is more likely to appear, but if anything is cached it seems to appear properly.

I agree with Michaell, Red is the way forward. If any of you are football supporters you will no doubt know that red is the most successful team colour ever. Just think Liverpool and Man U. Plus, I associate the colour red with firebird. ;p
Official Win32 BitTorrent 0.7: here
BT Tracker
- Get the latest Fire/Thunderbird builds
Old miahz

Post by Old miahz »

first thing i noticed: the default profile (aka last one used) in the profile manager doesn't appear to be selected in the list, and you can't highlight it by clicking or otherwise. you can click and select others, but clicking back on the default doesn't highlight it. likewise, a newly created profile doesn't seem to highlight when selected.

the back/forward button dropmarkers have no hover state.

live theme switching is still not perfect, but previous builds seemed to handle it a little better. you used to get the occasional odd scrollbar lingering, but in this build, some menu popups from the previous theme stick around as well, along with other random things.

right-click on a bookmark in a folder on the bookmarks menu (for example to select Open in New Tab), when returning to that folder it will no longer expand, and the folder icon is locked "open."

Firebird 20030725-1.5a on Windows 2000 SP3
tseelee

Post by tseelee »

michaell wrote:The 0.6.1 is an interim thing in order to get something out soon.

I thought FB milestones were bug-driven, not date-driven. :angel:
tseelee

Post by tseelee »

jrobbio wrote:Just think Liverpool and Man U.

A football fan, eh? Arsenal is red, too, no? Then again, a lot of other teams are red (Charlton, etc.) and a number are blue (Chelsea comes to mind).
MoNkaholic

Post by MoNkaholic »

miahz wrote:the back/forward button dropmarkers have no hover state.

Is Arvid going to ever fix that? Or is that not considered a bug? I remember bringing this up months ago.

Old thread
Last edited by MoNkaholic on July 26th, 2003, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
jrobbio

Post by jrobbio »

tseelee wrote:
jrobbio wrote:Just think Liverpool and Man U.

A football fan, eh? Arsenal is red, too, no? Then again, a lot of other teams are red (Charlton, etc.) and a number are blue (Chelsea comes to mind).

Have a look at this http://www.footballculture.net/colours/winning.html

Apologies for going off topic.

Rob
Official Win32 BitTorrent 0.7: here
BT Tracker
- Get the latest Fire/Thunderbird builds
voyager

Post by voyager »

Would be nice to see fix for bug 195598 (Repaint problem) in Firebird 0.6.1. I think that Java 1.4.2 also needs some help in 0.6.1.
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

Blake wrote:
Sailfish wrote:
Leonard wrote:I don't understand why the autoscroll appears, if I middle-click on a bookmark in the sidebar...
Interesting, it also appears with the Downloads and History sidebars...

Yeah that's because the sidebar is a <browser/> that just loads various xul documents. I had fixed this a few days ago. Then a new autoscroll impl was checked in and backed out. So my fix got removed and it was broken again for a few days but I think it should be working again...? (not in 0.6.1 builds)
ah-ha, that 'splains it...thx.
Jack

Post by Jack »

jrobbio wrote:I agree with Michaell, Red is the way forward. If any of you are football supporters you will no doubt know that red is the most successful team colour ever. Just think Liverpool and Man U. Plus, I associate the colour red with firebird. ;p

Strange, I don't recall many red-wearing NFL teams winning the Super Bowl as of late...

Jack
tseelee

Post by tseelee »

Jack Comics wrote:Strange, I don't recall many red-wearing NFL teams winning the Super Bowl as of late...Jack

Either the U.S. is again a lone holdout in the world, or it's experiencing a weird period... ;-)
Webb

Post by Webb »

For us newbies, how do I install the new build over the old one while retaining extensions, plugins, etc.?
wheerdam

Post by wheerdam »

For extensions, if it's installed on your profile folder, it shouldn't matter (well unless you need to install with clean profile). My suggestion is that you download the extensions to the harddrive so you can just install it later just in case they got deleted. For plugins, you can backup the plugins from \path\to\Firebird\plugins and copy it there again after installation.
I'm weird, damn
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

Delete everything in your program folder (not profiles) except plugins and chrome/icons/default (if you have that folder). Unzip new build to any folder. Copy over the folders you left. Voila!
ehume

Post by ehume »

As for the tiscali link, it doesn't work for my 2002-11-14 Phoenix 0.4 build, either. Did it work on any other Px/FB version?
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.