0.6.1 candidate builds available

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
tseelee

Post by tseelee »

ehume wrote:As for the tiscali link, it doesn't work for my 2002-11-14 Phoenix 0.4 build, either.

Wow. Does anyone have an older build installed? ;-)
ehume

Post by ehume »

Is the link at the top of this thread kept up to date for 0.6.1 release candidates? Is there a specific directory we can go to to get the most recent 061 rc's to test?

BTW--I resurrected my "Golden Build" for my wife because of the autocomplete bug. She doesn't use advanced features but she uses hotmail heavily.

I have a number of stable builds from 2002-11-14 through 2003-05-25 here.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
Narada

Building Mozilla Firebird with new gcc versions

Post by Narada »

Hello. As part of my first post, I'd like to say just how impressed and fascinated I am by the whole Mozilla project and its products. Please accept my heartfelt thanks for all your accomplishments to date and keep up the good work that is exemplary to open source projects.

And now for my subject matter. May I request that all new firebird builds be built using either gcc 3.2.3 or gcc 3.3? This is so that new java sdk/jre plugins work properly and also to keep up with a global migration to newer gcc versions. If this is being done already then please let me know. Many thanks.
iamnotniles

Re: Building Mozilla Firebird with new gcc versions

Post by iamnotniles »

Narada wrote:Hello. As part of my first post, I'd like to say just how impressed and fascinated I am by the whole Mozilla project and its products. Please accept my heartfelt thanks for all your accomplishments to date and keep up the good work that is exemplary to open source projects.

And now for my subject matter. May I request that all new firebird builds be built using either gcc 3.2.3 or gcc 3.3? This is so that new java sdk/jre plugins work properly and also to keep up with a global migration to newer gcc versions. If this is being done already then please let me know. Many thanks.

awww - isn't that sweet.

I still await the day when you can install all extentions to your profile and the things don't pester you with little dialogue boxes *hint hint wink wink nudge nudge*
GolfProRM

Re: Building Mozilla Firebird with new gcc versions

Post by GolfProRM »

Hymagumba wrote:I still await the day when you can install all extentions to your profile and the things don't pester you with little dialogue boxes *hint hint wink wink nudge nudge*

Personally, I like the option to have them installed in the profile OR the program directory... If it's an extension I've never used before, the ability to install it into the program directory is nice as it makes it much easier to get rid of if I don't like it/need it/care for it. I only install extensions in my profile that I know I want to keep... I do wish that ALL extensions had the option to be stored in the profile though. :)
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
cobra libre

Post by cobra libre »

I'm using the 0.61 candidate build right now, and it looks like Autoscroll has either been disabled or removed?

I think that's a good idea, since it really does interfere with middle-clicking. Some people have stated that people having trouble with middle-clicking just need to be more precise when middle-clicking a link, but I think the problem was a little more nuanced than that. From what I could tell, certain links middle-clicked easily while others, though the cursor would change to the hand cursor, would still fail to open a new tab and would instead invoke the Autoscroll feature. If you still have an earlier nightly, try Simon Willison's web site at http://simon.incutio.com for a good example. The links on the right-hand sidebar don't seem to work with the middle mouse button. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that Simon's web site using CSS to position the sidebar? I was going to work up a test case, but, as I said, 0.61RC doesn't seem to have this problem.
voyager

Post by voyager »

Yep, 20030726 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1 does not have Autoscroll enabled.
Useragent also updated -> Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1
galapogos

Post by galapogos »

AiO can be installed if you want Autoscroll though, I have it.
Lost User 2526

Post by Lost User 2526 »

when i use my mouse wheel to scroll down (or up), it sometimes (especially if memory is low) scrolls down way, way past where it should. it will go down a few dozen pages with a slight spin of the wheel. using the latest build on win98se.
Lost User 2526

Post by Lost User 2526 »

i can't use the arrow keys to scroll up or down.
Lost User 2526

Post by Lost User 2526 »

duns0014 wrote:i can't use the arrow keys to scroll up or down.

ok, i tried it at a different site and it works. that's odd.
m0z!l4t0r

Post by m0z!l4t0r »

Sailfish wrote:fwiw, I'm running 061rc sans extensions and the built-in auto-scroll is still present...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030725 Mozilla Firebird/0.6

07-25 still had built in autoscroll and now (07-26) it's gone ! it's still avlbl. for those who love it through extension, so everyone should be happy now :) (i hope. at least i <b>really</b> am !) great work ! thx ! -> just downloaded 07-26; i'm going to test it ...
Sailfish

Did I dl the wrong build?

Post by Sailfish »

m0z!l4t0r wrote:
Sailfish wrote:fwiw, I'm running 061rc sans extensions and the built-in auto-scroll is still present...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030725 Mozilla Firebird/0.6

07-25 still had built in autoscroll and now (07-26) it's gone ! it's still avlbl. for those who love it through extension, so everyone should be happy now :) (i hope. at least i <b>really</b> am !) great work ! thx ! -> just downloaded 07-26; i'm going to test it ...
First, after installing today's build, it took me a bit to realize that it contains the skinVersion bump from 1.2 to 1.5 (I'm sure the theme developers are gonna be real pleased when they find that out :-)

Anyway, the autoscroll feature still appears to be present on my installation???

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030726 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1
tseelee

Re: Did I dl the wrong build?

Post by tseelee »

Sailfish wrote:the autoscroll feature still appears to be present on my installation?

That's weird. http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/ ... ckins.html shows AiO code backed out of FB on 7/24 night.
wheerdam

Post by wheerdam »

Confirming on AutoScroll, it's there. Question, when will the filter feature of about:config is going to be implemented?
I'm weird, damn