Feature shock: Altered About Firebird logo

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Buddy Christ

Post by Buddy Christ »

The new image in the About dialog looks great, but I agree with quanta. A new logo that is easily recognizable like the Internet Explorer logo should be used for Firebird. I like Colin Ramsay's f logo with the loop around it. Too bad it looks so much like the IE logo.
Colin Ramsay

Post by Colin Ramsay »

That looks better than yesterday's one for sure.
Buddy Christ

Post by Buddy Christ »

I'm looking in bonsai and I can't find the checkin for the new image. Where is it?
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

Here.
[edit]Changed link to the cached page...[/edit]
Last edited by xfranky on July 30th, 2003, 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
..::XF::..
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

Don't link directly to Bonsai. It's server can't handle it.
old momokatte

Post by old momokatte »

hao2lian wrote:Don't link directly to Bonsai. It's server can't handle it.

Yeah, use this cached version instead.
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

I thought it was cached at the end of the day (so it was not cached with today's changes, yet)...
BTW... gonna change the link...
..::XF::..
Buddy Christ

Post by Buddy Christ »

Thanks guys.
minh

Post by minh »

How about my avatar for Mozilla Browser icon? (Looks too much like netscape though.)
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

XF wrote:Just downloaded aebrahim's today's optimized build and found this:
Fantastic!!! I didn't like very much yesterday's mod... today's about screen is superb!
I found it was checked in just sometime before aebrahim built his build...
Well, I'll be, the swan finally expunged her egg ... and what a mighty, er, healthy egg it is! :-)
wheerdam

Post by wheerdam »

Sailfish wrote:Well, I'll be, the swan finally expunged her egg ... and what a mighty, er, healthy egg it is! :-)

I didn't notice it before that it does look like an egg in front of the swan, :lol:
I'm weird, damn
jrobbio

Post by jrobbio »

wheerdam wrote:
Sailfish wrote:Well, I'll be, the swan finally expunged her egg ... and what a mighty, er, healthy egg it is! :-)

I didn't notice it before that it does look like an egg in front of the swan, :lol:

If I was a swan/phoenix/firebird, I wouldn't be too happy laying an egg like that or any at all for that matter. :p
Official Win32 BitTorrent 0.7: here
BT Tracker
- Get the latest Fire/Thunderbird builds
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

jrobbio wrote:
wheerdam wrote:

If I was a swan/phoenix/firebird, I wouldn't be too happy laying an egg like that or any at all for that matter. :p

Really?

Not even afterwards? :-)
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

When I first saw it, I thought the bird was on "the blue pill" or something. Besides, why would a bird have an egg in front of itself? Shouldn't the bird be sitting on it, incubating it, instead?
Blake

Post by Blake »

Colin Ramsay wrote:If everyone needs to be a fully fledged C++ programmer with CVS access before they can say some bad words on these forums then that's a bit... silly

Um, no, I wouldn't expect C++ knowledge to help in your quest to get us nicer images.

Negative feedback is extremely useful; it's the only way Firebird will get better. But you're just going around stating the obvious and not doing anything to fix it, so what's the point? You may as well go around and say "Listen everyone, if anyone here knows how to make Firebird start faster, that'd really be great. Because I think if we can get it to start faster, we should. The faster the better!"

I appreciate what you've done for Mozilla but I think your time could be better spent than attacking our artwork unless you have something better to replace it. An f with a circle around it is not better. I don't know if you've seen IE's logo but it's the same concept. Maybe someone should make g with a circle, too.

As for the other two you pointed out, we don't think the yellow one is recognizable enough, but the aqua ones are pretty, and maybe we'll use those.

And, for what it's worth, I don't particularly like the image we use in our about dialog. But it looks more professional to me than IE's about dialog.