mailto links

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
elbows

mailto links

Post by elbows »

When I click on a mailto link in phoenix (0.4), nothing happens. I get the same behavior in Mozilla, FWIW. I don't have mozilla mail installed, just the browser. Can I set phoenix to use an external mail program to open mailto links?
priior

Post by priior »

Just for the fun of it...

if you're using windows.. check out what program is associated with

Code: Select all

Extension  File Type
 N/A           URL:MailTo Protocol

(in ur Folder Options/Filetype)

just setting it up there.. might fix ur problem cross-browser....
djst

Re: mailto links

Post by djst »

elbows wrote:When I click on a mailto link in phoenix (0.4), nothing happens. I get the same behavior in Mozilla, FWIW. I don't have mozilla mail installed, just the browser. Can I set phoenix to use an external mail program to open mailto links?

If you're using Windows, <a href="http://texturizer.net/phoenix/faq.html#4.10">read this</a>.
elbows

re: mailto links

Post by elbows »

Actually I'm using Linux. Any other suggestions?
tve

Post by tve »

make sure you have a mail client that is associated with mailto links. if you click on such a link then, the mail client should open.
<i>Latest Firefox Trunk & Thunderbird 1.0</i>
elbows

re: mailto links

Post by elbows »

two legged freak wrote:make sure you have a mail client that is associated with mailto links. if you click on such a link then, the mail client should open.

I'm not sure what you mean... where do I make this association? I can't find a preference for it in mozilla or phoenix.
Incidentally, I have been messing around with this, and now I get the message "mailto is not a registered protocol" when I click on a mailto link. I'm not sure what I changed.
scratch

Re: re: mailto links

Post by scratch »

elbows wrote:Actually I'm using Linux. Any other suggestions?

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to do on Linux yet. There's a bug on this, but I don't remember the number.
sime

Nice find

Post by sime »

That win32 mailto: find is great! I write little programs that set up email templates but they would always open outlook.

Could i write a batch file that could do the same saving me to click around (i plan to fix this on multiple machines)
scratch

Post by scratch »

no, but you could export the registry file and then import it on all the computers.