MozillaZine

Queries

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
badboy

Post Posted December 5th, 2002, 10:24 am

1) What will be the new name of Phoenix? Is it applicable for 0.5? Is it going to be a surprise? I see so many names being suggested. Even I have suggested a couple of names.
2) I see just 3 bugs to be closed for 0.5 release. I am very eager to see 0.5. When?
Unfortunately, I am not in a position to download nightly builds regularly. So I depend on milestone releases. But I do not mind waiting for a great 0.5! Till then I am happy with 0.4.

Cheers!
badboy

alanjstr

Post Posted December 5th, 2002, 11:04 am

badboy wrote:1) What will be the new name of Phoenix? Is it applicable for 0.5? Is it going to be a surprise? I see so many names being suggested. Even I have suggested a couple of names.
2) I see just 3 bugs to be closed for 0.5 release. I am very eager to see 0.5. When?
Unfortunately, I am not in a position to download nightly builds regularly. So I depend on milestone releases. But I do not mind waiting for a great 0.5! Till then I am happy with 0.4.

Cheers!
badboy

You don't have to download a new nightly all the time, just once. Phoenix 0.4 will have those same bugs, but a nightly will have a lot of fixes since then. The milestones are just a pausing point.

There is no pre-determined time for the release. The release is bug-driven and the developers do have other things to do.

Return to Firefox General