Phoenix icons

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
krashtd

Phoenix icons

Post by krashtd »

Here is a kewl icon for your Phoenix shortcuts

http://community.webshots.com/photo/165 ... bDYpGeXSbU

also, don't know if anyone has discovered this or not, but you can change the window icon that shows up on the taskbar when Phoenix is open, by adding the following to your 'chrome' folder where the program is installed (NOT your profile):

in the folder where Phoenix is installed (ie, C:\Program Files\Phoenix\) go to the '\chrome\' folder and in the '\icons\' folder (if there's not one, create one) then create a folder called 'default'

whatever you want the icon for the program to be, put it in this 'default' folder and name it 'main-window.ico'

the steps may very slightly for different operating systems, but it should work for all Windows installs. the same process works for Mozilla (but it doesn't change the QuickLaunch icon...that's embedded in the program file)
Killed who?
djnr

Post by djnr »

I like it!

I created a 16x16 icon from that image, get it at
http://dweb.digitalrice.com/main-window.ico.

Just put it in Phoenix/chrome/icons/default
ehume

Post by ehume »

Hey! This works great!
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Watch the name change to "Wet Dog" or something. :D
ph

Post by ph »

2 krashtd:
It's picture of Zhar Ptitsa, a bird of Russian tales. Do you suppose to call the browser Zhar Ptitsa? I like this because I'm Russian, but it seems to be to complicated to international usage. And one more thing - try to reduce the size of the icon. It would be a brown spot with no sense. I think that Phoenix needs a specially designed icon.