Firefox 4 Beta T-Shirt email?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
coundu

Firefox 4 Beta T-Shirt email?

Post by coundu »

Hi,

Yesterday night I received an email telling me that I was nominated for "limited edition Firefox 4 Beta t-shirts". While I definitely would like a free Firefox t-shirt (who wouldn't! :) I find it somewhat suspicious since I can't find anything about this on niether mozilla.org, mozilla.com nor spreadfirefox.com, and there is nothing on any of those sites about the sender. The email links to a Google Form (https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?[...]) where it asks me my name and address.

Here's the actual email:

Hi Firefox Contributor,

You have been nominated to receive one of the limited edition Firefox 4 Beta t-shirts!
It's our little way of thanking you for all your contributions and hard work.

Please fill out the Firefox 4 Beta T-shirt Address and Sizing Form so that we can make sure we send you the correct t-shirt size to your mailing address.
Thank you again!

Cheers,
Grace Jimenez
Product Marketing
Mozilla
grace at mozilla com

**The information you provide will only be used to make sure you get your t-shirt and will be deleted once that process is complete.**

**T-shirt designs are a surprise!**

and here are the headers (which seem right):

Code: Select all

Return-Path: <gjimenez@mozilla.com>
Delivered-To: [REMOVED]
Received: from [REMOVED]
Received: (qmail invoked by alias); 01 Dec 2010 02:59:17 -0000
Received: from dm-mail03.mozilla.org (EHLO dm-mail03.mozilla.org) [63.245.208.213]
  by [REMOVED] with SMTP; 30 Nov 2010 21:59:17 -0500
Received: from host-6-81.mv.mozilla.com (corp-240.mv.mozilla.com [63.245.220.240])
        (Authenticated sender: gjimenez@mozilla.com)
        by dm-mail03.mozilla.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id [REMOVED]
        for <[REMOVED]>; Tue, 30 Nov 2010 18:59:16 -0800 (PST)
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=Apple-Mail-103--667456161
Subject: Firefox 4 Beta T-Shirt
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 18:59:16 -0800
Message-Id: <[REMOVED]@mozilla.com>
To: [REMOVED]
Mime-Version: 1.0 (Apple Message framework v1081)
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.1081)

So... can anyone confirm if this is legit?
James

Re: Firefox 4 Beta T-Shirt email?

Post by James »

Grace Jimenez-Wong is indeed a person that works for Mozilla as a Product Marketing Coordinator. http://web.me.com/grace.jimenez/Travel_ ... esume.html

Was this due to doing support at support.mozilla.com or some place else?
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

There is a profile here for someone by that name at Mozilla. Also the IP's of the email [63.245.220.240] is corp-240.mv.mozilla.com and [63.245.208.213] is dm-mail03.mozilla.org.

While I'm no expert it "appears" like it came from someone at Mozilla. If you are indeed doing a fair amount of beta testing could make sense. You could send her an email to validate she is "real".

NOTE: We have nothing to do with Mozilla. Mozillazine is a community support forum; so, you won't get any definitive yes/no answer here.
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

I got the same email today. I have done some support over at GS for Thunderbird. I didn't open it. I just looked the source. Don't think I won't to validate it either.

Nah...I don't believe I care for a Firefox 4 Beta T-shirt....send me a Wall-Mart gift certificate and we'll be in business.... :)
starofale

Post by starofale »

I also got this email (on Tuesday). I have just sent Grace Jimenez an email asking for confirmation.

I'll let you know if I get any response.
starofale

Post by starofale »

I just got a (very quick) reply back from Grace:
We understand your concerns, and I apologize for not being able to send you an individual invitation.
However, we do have a lot of contributors and we are trying to reach out to as many of you as possible in a timely manner.

I hope that this email response serves as proof that this nomination is legitimate. Upon filling out the form, you can expect to receive your shirt in 2-3 weeks.

In the meantime, I will also look into what we can do to improve the form. Thank you for recommendation.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any additional questions or concerns.

This has convinced me, although I realise that not all of you will believe that I am telling the truth :?
grenavitar

Post by grenavitar »

I don't think I've ever done anything at SUMO. I comment occasionally at Bugzilla and submit crash reports but I don't really think those particularly warrant a shirt. Seems weird there'd be no announcement on Planet Mozilla and the only verification would be someone with two posts :)
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

I got one too. Naturally I was sceptical, but it does look genuine. I filled out the form (hosted at spreadsheets.google.com) since it required no horribly private information and I'll see if a t-shirt arrives. If not then someone has my name and address, plus an email that is already heavily spammed.
_Dexter_

Free T Shirt from Mozilla

Post by _Dexter_ »

Just got an email form Grace at Mozilla who offered me a free Fx4 T shirt for participating in the Fx4 beta. Anyone else get this email? Doesn't seem like a scam as I only had to give my name and mailing address.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Firefox Contributor,

You have been nominated to receive one of the limited edition Firefox 4 Beta t-shirts!
It's our little way of thanking you for all your contributions and hard work.

Please fill out the Firefox 4 Beta T-shirt Address and Sizing Form so that we can make sure we send you the correct t-shirt size to your mailing address.
Thank you again!

Cheers,
Grace Jimenez
Product Marketing
Mozilla
grace at mozilla com
Last edited by _Dexter_ on December 2nd, 2010, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate
Virtual_ManPL

Re: Free T Shirt from Mozilla

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

I got it too
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
phuzi0n

Post by phuzi0n »

I didn't but I've submitted a bug that's blocking final 2.0. Any idea what you guys did to get it?
_Dexter_

Post by _Dexter_ »

phuzi0n wrote:I didn't but I've submitted a bug that's blocking final 2.0. Any idea what you guys did to get it?

We are all so good looking :-" Probably the number of bug reports we filed?
Last edited by DanRaisch on December 2nd, 2010, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged from Builds Forum
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

I submitted a few bugs. One was blocking (and a regression) and got pounced on by a pack of rabid developers but it wasn't exactly major. I've also done some work on adapting extensions for Gecko 2, again nothing major. And bitched and moaned about the statusbar and tab candy, but it probably wasn't for that ;)
gluxon

Post by gluxon »

I just got one yesterday. I filled out the form, since the sound of a limited editon Firefox 4 Beta t-shirt sounds awesome. I do think it's strange that the form is a google document, instead of something hosted on mozilla.org/mozilla.com. However, I did see this on the default Firefox homepage today.

"Mozilla is a non-profit organization that protects Internet freedom. Donate and get a Mozilla 2010 T-shirt."

I do submit bugs on bugzilla.mozilla.org occasionally, and comment on various ones. But I barely help with support forum topics.

[Edit]: I'm starting to believe that this is indeed real after reading this. In the link below, that's a link to a form to nominate someone for the t-shirt.

http://old.nabble.com/Firefox-4-Beta-%2 ... 75703.html
gluxon

Post by gluxon »

Well, I emailed Grace Jimenez's gmail account (NOT MOZILLA). He confirmed for me that he did indeed send out the forms. I know I'll be looking forward for mine :)
Hi Brandon,

I did. I was using my Mozilla email address thoug.
I did get a few questions whether the email was legit due to the forms
not being in the Mozilla site.
We acknowledge the concern and apologize for not being able to send
you an individual invitation.
We have a lot of contributors and we are trying to reach out to as
many of you as possible in a timely manner.

I hope that this email response serves as proof that this nomination
is legitimate. Upon filling out the form, you can expect to receive
your shirt in 2-3 weeks.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any
additional questions or concerns.

Cheers,
Grace Jimenez
Product Marketing
Mozilla
grace at mozilla com
408-821-1984