Fx4* .css tweaks

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
RoboTrigger

Re: Fx4* .css tweaks

Post by RoboTrigger »

LordStriker wrote:Guys, I made few small changes to fit better on Win 8:

http://i.minus.com/jFTnEQ0OCjsB1.png

Nevertheless, when you press the Menu Button and select 'Add-ons' or 'Downloads' etc, it has the native Windows desing, but the other options like 'Options' or 'Bookmarks' etc they have the 'hacky' design which stays the same as on Win 7 ( unified with curved/rounded corners ).

If you create a nice, well-written CSS desing for Firefox on Windows 8, please send me a mesage! I'd be very interested! Thank you!

Could I get the CSS for this? I'm running Win8 and this would look a lot more consistent.
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

Just for reference:
Separation line in locationbar-results: viewtopic.php?p=12388373#p12388373 (Original: viewtopic.php?p=12382679#p12382679)
Changing the highlight in those results from gray background to bold text: viewtopic.php?p=12388271#p12388271
gone
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Due to a Mozilla syntax change (they dropped loads of -moz prefixes), the extension 'SearchWP' now has a slight breaking. Fix it with this -

Code: Select all

.searchbox-token {
  border-radius: .9em !important;}
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
[HYBRID BEING]

Re: Fx4 .css tweaks

Post by [HYBRID BEING] »

foxxyn8 wrote:I use this to turn the favicon into a close button when hovering over it:

.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned="true"]) .tab-icon-image:hover {
       -moz-binding: url("chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml#tabbrowser-close-tab-button") !important;
       list-style-image: url(chrome://global/skin/icons/close.png) !important;
       -moz-image-region: rect(0 32px 16px 16px) !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned="true"]) .tab-icon-image:active {
       -moz-image-region: rect(0 48px 16px 32px) !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned="true"]) .tab-close-button {
        visibility:hidden !important;
}

Is it possible to disable dragging when clicking on close button?
wtf_aleks

Post by wtf_aleks »

I'm having trouble changing my Firefox button icon. This is it with the theme I have:

And this is what it looks like when I try to change it (using UserStyles):

How do I get rid of the original image/button?
makondo

Post by makondo »

You need to post the code you use. Other than that, search userstyles.org, there gazillions of styles for application button.
Try something like this (but i don't know what else is in your style):

#appmenu-button .button-icon
{ list-style-image: url(your image) !important; }
ibm-ie2

Post by ibm-ie2 »

Is there a way to integrate the TAB bar onto the Title bar in Maximised/Restore?
kkira13

Post by kkira13 »

Hello. I need some help.

I use a combination of Tree Style Tab + Personal titlebar. When I customize the browser to look the way I want, there's only 2 annoying things I can't get rid of.

First is this line, which is separating toolbars from content and tabs. It can be seen here

http://s14.postimage.org/a9ysnwoup/PIC1.jpg

or even better here

http://s14.postimage.org/rd6mgjbv5/PIC4.jpg

However that line does not appear or is thin on extensions page

http://s14.postimage.org/vjrgvvbgx/PIC2.jpg

http://s14.postimage.org/xcudk6wnl/PIC3.jpg

I am sure that line can be removed via userchrome, because I edited a bunch of things in it and I did remove it, but cause I wasn't sure what I'm doing, I messed up pretty bad and it ruined lots of other things. So if anyone can help me find a parameter for that line I'll be thankful.

And the second things is that tabs are starting few pixels lowers than that line, but I would like the top tab to be exactly where that line is.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

kkira13 wrote:First is this line, which is separating toolbars from content and tabs. It can be seen here.

It's not easy at this end, because I cannot get the DOM Inspector on it. Try looking for borders on the #navigator-toolbox or even #browser-bottombox. Just change any existing borders to red or green and it doesn't take long to track down the problem one.

And the second things is that tabs are starting few pixels lowers than that line, but I would like the top tab to be exactly where that line is.

Just margin them up using stuff like margin-bottom: 2px !important; margin-top: -2px !important;

Don't use padding there or anywhere else, it's a useless and confusing command. Incidentally, beware of using left/right margin commands anywhere on the entire tabbar coding, as I seem to recall it messes up the pinned tab coding positions.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
T0morrow

Post by T0morrow »

Starting from Firefox 19 (i think) the built in PDF viewer will be enabled for everyone. What annoys me about this is the stupid yellow notification bar that says "This PDF file may not be displayed correctly"

Even examined it a little bit with DOM Reader but no luck getting rid of the bar. Can anyone figure out the code?
If youre using current stable 18.0.1 then you can enable the viewer from about:config and setting "pdfjs.disabled" to false.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

T0morrow wrote:Starting from Firefox 19 (i think) the built in PDF viewer will be enabled for everyone. What annoys me about this is the stupid yellow notification bar that says "This PDF file may not be displayed correctly"

The background colour for this, on the default theme, is provided by the OS and the operating system theme used, in your case it's yellow.

Getting rid of notification bars is not a good idea. Not only are they there for a good reason and are deliberately designed to gain attention, but often contain the only way to change things (in this case, a button to view with a different pdf viewer). They also all have a close button on them.

However, they can be toned down a bit, thus ~

notification {
   -moz-appearance: none !important;
  background-color: #7F7F7F !important;
  color: #FFFFFF !important;
}   

..if you find you don't then notice them at all and miss useful stuff, then change the text to red, like this ~

notification {
   -moz-appearance: none !important;
  background-color: #7F7F7F !important;
  color: #FF0000 !important;
}   

As usual, these snippets go below the namespace line in userChrome.css.
T0morrow

Post by T0morrow »

Frank Lion wrote:Getting rid of notification bars is not a good idea. Not only are they there for a good reason and are deliberately designed to gain attention, but often contain the only way to change things (in this case, a button to view with a different pdf viewer). They also all have a close button on them.

Generally i agree but in case of the built in PDF viewer it's just an annoyance that serves little to no purpose. I open a 10 line PDF and it says it might not be displayed correctly. Wow now there's a shocker :lol: . The same could be said about all PDF viewers. The document itself is ofcourse displayed correctly. And if i want to change .pdf file association then i'll do that from windows anyway.
The notification bar would be useful if it remembered that i closed it on a specific document. So it would not be displayed every single time.
So for now i've gone with:

notification {display:none !important;}

This as i understand disables all notification bars in Firefox. Not something i like but i dont have much choice i guess as there is no way to disable one specific bar only. I added an enchancement bug to bugzilla so a pref would be added to disable this bar from about:config. Doubt it will be implemented but this would be a good compromise i think: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=834223
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

T0morrow wrote:*...off topic to this thread...*

A simple 'Thanks, Frank' would have sufficed.

As you may gather, I have a responsibility to all the other people here that read this thread to give the correct advice. What you do is up to you.
makondo

Post by makondo »

As posted on us.o, for those interested:

notification[label="This PDF document might not be displayed correctly."]
{ display: none !important; }
T0morrow

Post by T0morrow »

makondo wrote:As posted on us.o, for those interested:

notification[label="This PDF document might not be displayed correctly."]
{ display: none !important; }

So this leaves other notifications visible?