makondo

Re: Fx4 .css tweaks

Post by makondo »

See above, edited.
aletaziar

Post by aletaziar »

Hey all.

I'm not sure if anyone here used the Fancy Numbered Tabs extension, but it's no longer being developed, so I turned it into a userstyle for Firefox 4. Link here.
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

makondo wrote:nemm, thanks!

ajnauron,

which code are you referring to? If it's this one, it says there: bg: red. Just something for the code sake. Change it to whatever you want or transparent or ... whatever or delete the whole line:

.tabbrowser-tab[pinned]
{ min-width: 32px !important; }

OK, now I understand what's going on-the changes are taking effect, but the tab widths aren't changing. I should have been more specific. I was trying to get the apptab width to something like this:

I tried changing the 32px to something like 40, but the icon isn't centered and the page title starts showing at the right side of it.
Intel Core i3-2310M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10666 | Western Digital 750GB 5400RPM | Windows 7 SP1 x64
makondo

Post by makondo »

Don't know what to tell you, works here all right:

Maybe yo have another style/code for tabs somewhere? Oh! I don't use tabs on top, maybe that's the reason. My Fx is heavily modified, too much work to disable everything to trey, maybe someone else can try with tabs on top for you. I also believe there's an ID for pinned tabs on top.

EDIT: Nope, works with tabs on top just as well:
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

Now it seems like I'm ranting on about it, but what I was trying to do was match the width of the apptab to the width of the tabs seen in FaviconizeTab so that the apptab favicons would be centered on the apptab, and so that I could use FaviconizeTab to doubleclick a tab to instantly make it an apptab. However, after some googling I found Easy App Tabs which fixes both of these problems, and it's also the first addon for Firefox I've encountered that doesn't require a restart.
Last edited by ajnauron on February 5th, 2011, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core i3-2310M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10666 | Western Digital 750GB 5400RPM | Windows 7 SP1 x64
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Forwarded from: Firefox 4 Feature Directory

dosho wrote:
dosho wrote:looks like I need to install Status Address Bar extension again.
And I hope Bug 541656 won't break old "link hover" code.

So, I'm using it now.It has a few bugs, though.

I'm trying the "Status Address Bar" extension has he suggested since I like the link hover url previews there more, but the only problem is that they still appear in the Status-display at the bottom of the screen.

I'm using this userstyle http://userstyles.org/styles/43710 to selectively block or hide certain Status-display Messages.

Only if I knew the

Code: Select all

#statusbar-display[label^=""] 
label name for the link target previews, so when using it with that extension those url previews at the bottom of screen would be hidden and would only appear in the Url bar.

So, if anyone here knows the css required to hide the link hover url previews at bottom of screen without disabling the Status-Messages I would be very grateful for the help.
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

rob64rock wrote:Forwarded from: Firefox 4 Feature Directory

dosho wrote:

I'm trying the "Status Address Bar" extension has he suggested since I like the link hover url previews there more, but the only problem is that they still appear in the Status-display at the bottom of the screen.

I'm using this userstyle http://userstyles.org/styles/43710 to selectively block or hide certain Status-display Messages.

Only if I knew the

label name for the link target previews, so when using it with that extension those url previews at the bottom of screen would be hidden and would only appear in the Url bar.

So, if anyone here knows the css required to hide the link hover url previews at bottom of screen without disabling the Status-Messages I would be very grateful for the help.

I've found a way to have mouseovered links appear only in the locationbar. The logic is the following: Status Address Bar allows mouseoverd links to appear in BOTH the bottom left corner AND the locationbar, but you can't have it only in the locationbar. Status-4-Evar disables the mouseoverd link in the bottom left corner, but does not alter the behavior of the locationbar(at least until BlueFang patches it). Therefore, by installing both, you get Status-4-Evar blocking the mouseovered url message in the bottom left, and Status Address Bar supplying the mouseoverd link in the locationbar, where it should be.

Now you don't need to look at the bottom of the screen and you can do all your navigating at the top of the browser, provided you've moved all your addonbar icons to the navbar.

Thanks for telling me about Status Address Bar, I wouldn't have discovered this fix without it.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

rob64rock wrote:Forwarded from: Firefox 4 Feature Directory

dosho wrote:

Only if I knew the

#statusbar-display:not([label^="Looking"]):not([label^="Connecting"]):not([label^="Connected"]):not([label^="Transferring"]):not([label^="Waiting"]):not([label^="Read"]) {
display: none !important;
}

There may be a better way, but this was fast.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

ajnauron wrote:I've found a way to have mouseovered links appear only in the locationbar. The logic is the following: Status Address Bar allows mouseoverd links to appear in BOTH the bottom left corner AND the locationbar, but you can't have it only in the locationbar. Status-4-Evar disables the mouseoverd link in the bottom left corner, but does not alter the behavior of the locationbar(at least until BlueFang patches it). Therefore, by installing both, you get Status-4-Evar blocking the mouseovered url message in the bottom left, and Status Address Bar supplying the mouseoverd link in the locationbar, where it should be.

Now you don't need to look at the bottom of the screen and you can do all your navigating at the top of the browser, provided you've moved all your addonbar icons to the navbar.

Thanks for telling me about Status Address Bar, I wouldn't have discovered this fix without it.

That was one of the first things I tried:
If it wasn't for the fact that Status-4-Ever extension disables the new Status-Display and the fact that I don't use the Addonbar it would use both together, but I suppose this alternative will be helpful to others.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Chris000001 wrote:
rob64rock wrote:So, if anyone here knows the css required to hide the link hover url previews at bottom of screen without disabling the Status-Messages I would be very grateful for the help.

#statusbar-display:not([label^="Looking"]):not([label^="Connecting"]):not([label^="Connected"]):not([label^="Transferring"]):not([label^="Waiting"]):not([label^="Read"]) {
    display: none !important;
}

There may be a better way, but this was fast.

Thank you so very much...

I uploaded a modified version of Chris000001 css code has a userstyle here:
Firefox 4 Only Hide Hovered Link URL Previews

Firefox 4 Connection Status Display Timed Delayed Not compatible with Chris000001 original css code above.
Last edited by rob64rock on February 5th, 2011, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T0morrow

Post by T0morrow »

Little mod to the addon manager.This is a JS script for GreaseMonkey tho since i could not get css rules to work on addon manager:

Still WIP so no link yet.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

I think you need to use userContent instead of userChrome. CSS mods I've done through Generic Chrome CSS Loader work just fine.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
T0morrow

Post by T0morrow »

patrickjdempsey wrote:I think you need to use userContent instead of userChrome. CSS mods I've done through Generic Chrome CSS Loader work just fine.

Will try that thanks.
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

Does anyone have the code for transparent inactive tabs?
makondo

Post by makondo »

I have a bunch of styles for tabs, you should be able to pick something useful out of them(link in my sig). Aren't they transparent by default on vista/win 7?

This might do it but there diff. states of tabs now, like pinned, on-top, etc. which if you need it, must be added to the :not line:

.tabbrowser-tabs tab:not([selected="true"])
{ background: transparent !important; }