fireftp -- remove account

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
maya90

fireftp -- remove account

Post by maya90 »

hi,

I hope it's ok to post here, didn't see a forum for FF add-ons...

today is my last day at my job and I would like to remove account for my personal ftp from fireftp.. how do I do that?

thank you...
Last edited by maya90 on March 11th, 2011, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
dfoulkes

Re: fireftp -- remove account

Post by dfoulkes »

I don't use that extension but have you seen this?
http://fireftp.mozdev.org/help.html
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
maya90

Post by maya90 »

oh yes I did, but there's nothing on how to remove accounts.... look under "acct mgr" nothing there on how to remove accounts...

thank you..

(I have a cat that looks just like yours!! :-)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Sorry... like I said ... I don't use it so I don't know how deep it goes on keeping that type of data. Maybe somebody will have that info "before" your clock runs out on your last day...or it could be to simply uninstalling the extension... or maybe not??

And does yours consider you to be the slave in all things relating to her/him? :lol:
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

dfoulkes wrote:

And does yours consider you to be the slave in all things relating to her/him? :lol:

Don't all cats? That's just their nature and we humans must comply. ;-)
maya90

Post by maya90 »

well yes of course I can uninstall fireftp add-on... but still the info might remain.. I don't know where it's stored.. I realize now this is a flaw w/this add-on.. you SHOULD have the option of removing accounts, like you can with every other ftp client...

yes of course I'm a slave to my cat, are you kidding? I have two, they're sisters, they run my life!! :-)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

From what it states on their web page that extension uses username/pw... and per this... it's stored in Firefox as any other un/pw would be. I suppose that by deleting that info access is stopped via your pc... and if you were to want to access it via that ext. on another pc then I suppose "they" still have info in their db...
The config files are found in your Firefox profile folder. More info on finding that folder here: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile. fireFTPsites.dat contains your account settings (but not your passwords - those are saved in a different place along with your other Firefox passwords - see the above question for where to find that). The other file is fireFTPprograms.dat which stores programs used by the Open With... feature. If your accounts become corrupted for some reason or if the Open With... feature stops working you can check out these files for problems.

And... RE: our felines... I suppose that's why the Pharaohs made them GODS! [-o<
maya90

Post by maya90 »

ok, I found that FireFTPsites.dat.. thank you very much.. (there should be a more user-friendly way of removing accounts, though.....;-)

thank you..

(re putties: I know.. putties (& all felines in general) are my favorite animals in the world.... :)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

You're Welcome! :D

Re: putties... yep, me tooooo... and one major thing I like about them... especially since I live in a condo and even here in the area where I live it can get down to around 17 degrees in the Winter... I watch people taking their dogs out to do their thing with lots of coats on...vapor exiting their mouths... and I look at my cat and her cat-box and think... Hmmm, another nice thing about cats... they use the box :lol:
RobertPallan1

Post by RobertPallan1 »

Actually there is an easier way...

When you choose an account, instead of connecting it just edit it, at the bottom there should be a tab marked 'delete'.

Hit yes, and you're done